Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I wanted to see how much brighter the 55w kit was to the 35w kit.

I accidentally connected the 55w ballast from my off road lamps to the 35w ballast for headlamps. End result: fried my 35w ballast. So I just hooked up the 55w to both headlights.

Driving home this past week on same roads, wow. They really are quite bright! Before they'd light up the sides okay. I always wanted more for spotting deer. Now I can see the shoulders quite well. And the pure white over-powers them golden overhead street lamps going down the highway. Before never happened

I recommend em. But where's the line of them being too bright?? Only been flashed once by a guy at the bottom of a hill :duh:

·
Registered
153 Posts
i don't understand how you could hook 2 ballasts together. they should have the same connectors on them which would make that impossible..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't understand how you could hook 2 ballasts together. they should have the same connectors on them which would make that impossible..
This was a ddm kit. If you have one, check it out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the DDM 35W HID kits on all my trucks. Can't imagine how much brighter the 55W would be as the 35s are pretty bright!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the DDM 35W HID kits on all my trucks. Can't imagine how much brighter the 55W would be as the 35s are pretty bright!
Put it this way..

Halogen bulbs produce 30 lumens per watt.

HIDs produce 90 per watt.

Keep in mind, stock bulbs are 55w. HID kit is 35 or 55 watt. If you do the math on it all.. Quite a bit brighter. Seeing in person is amazing lol

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where are thr picture so can we judge
Whats to judge? See everyones threads on their HID headlights.

Look up the facts, halogens run at 30 lumens per watt. HID at 90 lumens per watt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts