Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the burn out mod and what is its purpose?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
If your foot is on the brake then the ECU reduces the throttle making it hard to do burnouts without the truck moving. The burnout mod makes it so that the ECU can't tell that you have your foot on the brake while the brakes still work. There is a switch on the brake pedal that sends the signal. The mod puts a switch in the circuit so that the signal cannot get back to the ECU. A side effect is that if the switch is enabled then you can't take the truck out of park, which makes the mode a theft deterrent also.
(I have not done this mod)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a cool mod, but im not ready to start smoking the tires off, shes till to new haha.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Yes, not something you want to be doing on new tires.

·
Registered
215 Posts
With the burn out mod, you can only do standing burn outs, not "rolling" burnouts. Correct?

It seems the computer does not allow for WOT until you reach a predetermined speed. Even with WOT restriction disabled with my Bully Dog, it seems WOT can not be achieved from a dead stop.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Correct. The burnout mod is for standing burnouts with the brakes on. Even with Uprev my WOT doesn't actually go wide open until 12 mph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts