Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got to hook up these bad boys tonight...my new-to-me HIDs from a member here. I had a lil trouble with the plugs but finally got them to work. I zip tied the ballasts to the little shelf thats behind the headlights. Not to blue for 8k but they do light up the road more. And now for a couple pics...note that my driving lights look like true fogs now that the HIDs are in. Well maybe just a little...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really dont know why i didnt do this sooner. The fogs are definately next and maybe the highs too.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick question...since I have 8000k for the lows, what should the highs be, 6000k? Or should I leave the highs alone and just change out fogs? When I throw on the highs, it looks funky since they dont match up.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I had the 8000's in both the headlights and the foglights, and I never even turned my highs on. That was bright enough. But if you are going to be using the highs, I would recommend 6000s.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have 6K's in my highs lows and in my fogs and they are awesome. I have the projectors so I don't blind people with my lows and fogs. With that I have a big differences in highs and lows with no projector for the highs. Enjoy I know I do.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Have em on all my vehicles. I have the 55w 8000k on my truck for the lows.

I also converted some hella 500 off road lamps ($62) to HID ($55). Those are brighter than my buds KC 100w Daylighters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 6K's in my highs lows and in my fogs and they are awesome. I have the projectors so I don't blind people with my lows and fogs. With that I have a big differences in highs and lows with no projector for the highs. Enjoy I know I do.
I just installed three sets of 12000k's on my 2010 but am having issues with passanger won't turn on right away. I have to flick the switch on and off a couple of times for them to both stay on (same with fogs). I am running these without a relay harness? I have ordered the relay harnesses. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Does anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cant help you with that but the first time i installed these, pass side didnt want to come on at all...i turned the sockets around and now they are just fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed three sets of 12000k's on my 2010 but am having issues with passanger won't turn on right away. I have to flick the switch on and off a couple of times for them to both stay on (same with fogs). I am running these without a relay harness? I have ordered the relay harnesses. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Turns out the HID kits I bought where complete crap! I reordered new kits from a new seller and they seem to be working great, no issues! I did switch to 8000k for lows and fogs. I didn't do a kit for the highs since I noticed that they take to long to warm up. I was thinking of going with a good aftermarket bulb like PIAA for the highs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.