Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm a new member unfortunatley my first post is a problem with my A/C. Here's the deal, I have an 07 CC Xe with 45000 miles, that the ac stopped blowing cold air. It's been non-working for about three weeks although it has worked occasionally in the mornings, but that's it. I live in Phoenix, Az an it's supposed to be 115 this week. I've taken it to a couple small shops and they've all given me different answers... I feel like it's electrical ( I even changed the dash control unit praying it had a short but that didn't work. Also checked the fuses, does anyone know any relays or any common problems I can check b4 I pay the dealership a grand for a relay or something? Thanks Michael

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
We need a little more info. Does it blow any air, no air, just warm air? When it does work does the fan work on all speeds? Does the fan work OK all the time, but the air is not cold?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All fans work just blows hot air... Even tried recharging the freon. The air is very hot but when I switch it to heater I can tell th difference in temp. Everythings normal just hot and sometimes it works on random mornings and it's ice cold

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Since the system does cool at times, and you have checked the freon level, it is not low. Either two things are happening. The clutch for the compressor may not be engaging. This could be caused by a defective clutch, the electrical power to the clutch is faulty, or the control system for the clutch is faulty. A faulty high pressure sensor, the condenser fan or the A/C controls could all cause this.
Check to see if the A/C compressor is operating. Turn the A/C on and off, you should hear the clutch click when it engages. Watch the compressor while someone else turns the A/C on and off.
Check the return line to the compressor. If the compressor is operating OK this line should be cold.
If everything checks out OK with the compressor and the return line is cold but you are getting warm air out the ducts, then one of the damper doors in the A/C/Heat system is stuck or the servo for that door is bad. Even with the compressor operating OK you wpn't get cold air if the damper doors are directing the air through the heater core instead of the evaporator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.