Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, got a question for you. okay so i have a 2004 Titan king cab (extended cab) and i just ordered the magnaflow dual exit exhaust part number 15849. okay here is my question, on the description for the exhaust it says it fits king cab and crew cab short bed (67" bed) well on the king cabs i believe the bed is about a foot longer than crew cab making it like 6.5 feet instead of the crew cabs 5.5 foot bed. does that mean i have a long bed? will this exhaust not fit my king cab truck? if the cat back exhaust system is too short is there a way of making it longer? or am i worried about all of this for no reason? thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
756 Posts
Long beds werent offered until in 2008 so that means you have a standard bed of 6'7". It should fit like a glove.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
hey guys, got a question for you. okay so i have a 2004 Titan king cab (extended cab) and i just ordered the magnaflow dual exit exhaust part number 15849. okay here is my question, on the description for the exhaust it says it fits king cab and crew cab short bed (67" bed) well on the king cabs i believe the bed is about a foot longer than crew cab making it like 6.5 feet instead of the crew cabs 5.5 foot bed. does that mean i have a long bed? will this exhaust not fit my king cab truck? if the cat back exhaust system is too short is there a way of making it longer? or am i worried about all of this for no reason? thanks for your help guys
The 15849 uses the restrictive OEM Y pipe. You should have bought the 16781 Magnaflow catback that runs true duals and eliminates the restrictive Y pipe. The 16781 will fit on all standard wheelbase 2004-2010 Titans.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in reguards to the y pipe for my 04 titan to the 15849 magnaflow system would i need a 3in/3in y pipe? or is it 2.5/2.5" y pipe? sorry for the ignorance i'm very very new to modding trucks and all mechanical issues. thanks a bunch for all your help this website has helped me a ton.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess what i'm trying to say (very poorly i might add) is would buying a magnaflow y pipe be worth it as apposed to using the oem y pipe

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
You can change the Y pipe. The Flowmaster Y pipe has better reviews than the Magnaflow Y. The other problem is the 15849 splices into the stock 2.5" pipe about 12" down after Y, so you would also have to add a short section of pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts