Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out my wheel and tire combo for the spring and I keep tossing back and fourth between two options. I am either going with 20's and 305/55/20 or 18's with 325/60/18. That's still in the air, but the real question is the tires. What is everybodies thoughts and opinions on the Toyo Open Country A/T's and the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I will be using them mostly onroad but I do mess around offroad and in the mud sometimes but not enough to warrant mud tires. They are both about the same price and they both come in the same sizes I need. I think the Nitto is a little more aggressive looking however I'm leaning towards the 20's and I can get a better package deal on the Toyo's?? I'm torn as they both seem like great tires. Thanks for any and all input.

Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
How do you like the leveling kit? I am thinking of trying it.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Well, first, great choice in tires. :wink: LOL. In case you didn't know, Nitto is owned by Toyo. (as least that's what I've found) However, the Toyo tires will last longer, it has something to do with compound I think. I have found the Nittos to be suprisingly less expensive, too.

So, it's your choice. The 20's will have MANY more tires options should you decide you want something else.

I've got a thread here on what I've found:

http://www.clubtitan.org/postt957.html

·
Registered
791 Posts
I personally like the Nitto Terra Grappler A/T's better than the Toyo Open Country A/T's. The Toyo's round of a sidewall and the tread is not as aggressive looking as the Nitto. The Nitto has a sharp sidewall and an agressive tread design which I like. And, if the NItto is cheaper to boot then I think for me it's a no brainer. IMHO.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
the nitto's are way cooler lookin

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bfiii12 said:
How do you like the leveling kit? I am thinking of trying it.
Best $200 I've spent in a long time! :D

So it looks like I've decided on the Nitto's. Discount tire matched the price with Nitto's that I got from another online place with the Toyo's so now my decision is mostly based on looks and I like the Nitto's looks better. :) So, looks like it will be 20x9 Enkei RT-6 with Nitto Terra Grapplers in 305/55/20. Now....I just need Spring to get here.
Thanks for the input guys. 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts