Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 titan SE 4x4, 6in. fabtech, Injen cold air intake,Banks cat back. ABS and limited slip lights stuck on. I used a code reader, no code comes up for this problem. Read the manual it just says to try turning the ignition on slowly and it should go away. Not the case. Just trying to see if anyone has had this issue before, or has any ideas as to why these lights would stay on. Thanks for the help. Keep um Titan wet!

·
Registered
451 Posts
The only time my Slip light came on and stayed on, my right rear seal was leaking. Check the inside of your wheels & rotor shields for diff fluid. I think my actual problem was diff fluid was on the ABS sensor. When I replaced the rear seal and cleaned everything up, all was well.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Check your brake fluid level. It must be to the full line, or you could get the lights.
If the fluid is low, it is an indication of worn brake pads, or a leak.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes, brake fluid is low. Low low low.

Sometimes if going up a steep hill it will come on. Because fluid stays level at all times. This may cause the sensor to read a faulty reading. This will cause the light(s) to stay on until you turn the truck off. Though this only happens when fluid is half way between full and "min". Odds are yours is on the "min" line and needs more fluid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying everyone. Turns out it was one of the ABS sensors. $187.00 just for the part. I love how when you go to the dealership you talk to a service represenative, and not the actual mechanic. "Um, yeah Matt, it seems you have a tire sensor that has gone out." So I ask him if it's the ABS sensor or the pressure sensor thats monted inside. He says no the tire sensor, all your tires have them. SO I could tell right away this guy has no clue what he's talking about. It's ok if you don't know, don't baffle me with your BS though. Keep um Titan wet. Late fellas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same exact problem, it was one of the ABS sensor plugs were just LOOSE not bad. Check to make sure they're plugged in all the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found wires snatched loose from wiring harness connector on left rear wheel. Mounted on frame above axle (hard to see). Cut conn's off and soldered. ABS & BLSD lts went off after driving about 100ft. This also restored 4 wheel drive function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts