Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi New to this fourm

well 2 days ago i picked up a 2004 nissan titan 4wd from my little brother in colorado as he is on a plane on his way to Iraq again.. So i told him i would get his truck in tip top shape. Well to star BLAHH

abs/slip light are on, whome ever did the lift on this truck for him i guess from looking at it tore the abs wire front passenger side then really badly put it back together LOl so i took it apart and wired it back up thinking it would turn the light off, it did for 2days and now its back on..
So my question is, is there anywhere i can buy a new cable i.e goes from back of wheel to the main box? or where ever it goes? if need be i can and will take a picture of what im talking about so you have a better idea.

Thanks for all the help..

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Check the brake fluid level. If it is just a little low it can cause this. The fluid should be all the way to the Max line.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Its not uncommon for the actual wheel sensors to go bad also. It really seems to happen on lifted trucks more then stock also?

·
Registered
612 Posts
You may want to search around on the forum. You may want to reset the ECU.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may want to search around on the forum. You may want to reset the ECU.
OKay, what good would that do besides turn the lights on the dash off? i want to know what is causing them to be on, if i just reset ecu would the lights come back on if the "problem" is not fixed?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
The only way to pinpoint which sensor is causing the problem is to hook up with a consult II at dealership. I don't think you want to just replace them all, they are around $150.00 a piece if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only way to pinpoint which sensor is causing the problem is to hook up with a consult II at dealership. I don't think you want to just replace them all, they are around $150.00 a piece if I remember correctly.
tomorrow morning im going to a buddys shop, and hes hooking up some computer and gonna help me out, hopfully i can get this figured out.. :X

Now what are the chances of maybe dirty/dust collecting on these "sensors" And making them pop a code?

Thakns for the fast responses

-jesse

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
tomorrow morning im going to a buddys shop, and hes hooking up some computer and gonna help me out, hopfully i can get this figured out.. :X

Now what are the chances of maybe dirty/dust collecting on these "sensors" And making them pop a code?

Thakns for the fast responses

-jesse
It is entirely possible that the sensors could be dirty and causing the light, however the majority that have experianced this actually had bad sensors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well took it to my buddies shop, he hooked up a mac tool computer thing took it around the block, RH wheel was not reading MPH, as the LH wheel was.. so he said that sensor was bad.. Blah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts