Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's,

I have posted a couple of "How To" threads and wanted to let you know of my recent addition. I have an 04 XE CC that has the convenience package that includes the mid-line 6 disc changer and had been wanting to install XM Radio. I had been debating on whether or not to go with an aftermarket head unit and an aftermarket XM reciever but after debating about it for a long time I decided to stick with the factory stereo. I like the oem look and since I ain't in high school anymore and crusin' with my friends bumpin' it made more sense. I know it more expensive going factory but oh' well, I did a lot of research on adding the tuner and had come up with different types and was not sure if it was XM or Sirius. I noticed that some years were pre-wired for XM and some for Sirius and it depended on the if the truck came with the mid-line stereo or the Rockford Fosgate. I also did not like the pictures I seen of some of the members that showed the huge Sigma antenna installed on the windshield on 04's. I decided that if I was going to do this that I would want it to look like the newer 08's and 10's where it has the nice painted antenna that installed on the roof just above the drivers side. I ended up going to see my friend Jerry at Nissan and we both did some research and took us a while but we came up with the newest part number for the tuner. I did not know but XM and Sirius are now one company and the newest Nissan sat tuner for the Titan can be used for either or. The tuner now only has one antenna connection and two different N-Bus plugs, since some earlier model Titans came with Sirius and not XM they were a different size plug. You can now connect either of these two connectors that your truck has into one of these plugs. I was able to purchase the new fancy antenna for the roof and installed it. I have some pics to show, my XM works great and I am very pleased. I installed the tuner on the steel Knee plate under the steering wheel. You will see pic 6 which shows the antenna assy and the template I made to trace on the roof so that I could make the hole to mount it. Pics 10 and 11 shows my new tuner I bought from Nissan, Pic 13 shows the antenna connector and the N-Bus connector. Pic 27 shows the antenna mounted on the roof and Pic 21 shows the radio on showing the XM preview channel. I will be happy to answer any questions if anyone needs any help or any part numbers. Remember that XM and Sirius are now one company so you can subscribe to a package that includes Sirius channels.:thumbsup-big:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice write up, I installed the XM tuner on the knee plate in my 05, altough I wish I would have thought about doing the roof mont antenna, I have the smaller OEM inside glass mount, works good most of the time, but around tall buildings and hills it can cut out a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts