Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, im wanting to add some more lights to my truck. I have the front factory fogs, but am looking at some ways to add another set of lights. Do any of you have any ideas or pictures of your fronts with added lights? Im thinking about perhaps a billet grill with a set of spot lights hidden behind them, or maybe a bull bar with a set of lights on them ? Just needing some suggestions and would love to see some pictures. Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
several guys get the bull bar and put three extra spots in the middle of that. lights behind the billet would be cool, just not sure how the light might scatter behind it. i'm sure you'll get someone to chime in with some pics soon.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Don't get the bull bar. It'll look too cluttered up front with a bull bar and fog lights mounted on it. If you were lifted, that would be different story. I think mounting the lights in the lower grill would be the best option for a nonlifted truck.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
are you looking for quantity? or better performance? for performance, just go with and HID kit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is a picture with a set of PIAA fog lights on my bull bar. Since then I have replace the PIAA's with Lightforce 170 Striker and can post that picture tonight from home.

The lightforce 170 allows you to adjust the bean to use as fog or off-roading. They are plactic and virtually indestructable. They also have interchangable colored lens covers. (everything in one)

http://www.lightforce.net.au/products/driving-lights/170striker

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
I've believed in HIDs for awhile. So much brighter than photos can show.

I recently installed some hella 500 off road lights on my truck with an HID conversion. The hella 500 (not 500s) can be bought for $63 at walmart. 55w HID from ddm for $65 shipped.

Lots of guys mount their lights in the lower portion of the grill. Great place without adding any additional pieces to the truck.

Here is my thread on the HID off road light conversion. No updated photos with the lights on but they are twice as bright as my HID headlights. Brighter than my buds 100w KC Daylighters...

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61445&highlight=Hid

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
This is the route I went. Luckily my buddy is a fabricator and built the front bar for me, but you could add this to any brush guard. The two lights in the lower part of the grille work good too. One of my friends has that done to his. All I can say is get fog lights instead of the spots. I just converted some cheap walmart spots to HID. Mine look awesome but they dont spread very far. I'm eventually going to convert some fogs and put those up there.

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
Dustin, what lights did you convert? I did hella 500 parabolic lights and they flood over my headlights. They are spotty but light up the sides nicely.

I'll be trying out some fogs soon as my trails are slow woods. Not fast open trails.

Whatever you do, stay away from free form lenses

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I honestly couldnt even tell you Jarvis. They were some cheapy walmarts. Not a name brand of any kind. They were $20 for two and I just soldered new bulbs in and put the ballast behind the cover. They are definitely good for long distance, I just wish I had a more even flood.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK guys i appreciate all your suggestions, I think ive decided to wait and buy a bullbar/brush gaurd after i put a leveling kit or small lift kit on it. I think the way mine sits right now it looks too much like a street truck to put a bar on. I like all those suggestions though.......good lookin trucks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts