Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
A while ago I replaced my head unit with a Pioneer Avic d3 and left the stock speakers. At this point I want to get a little better sound by replacing the stock door speakers. I don't have the money for an amp or sub right now, so i'm just looking for replacement speakers.

Anyone have detailed recommendations on what would sound good with the Avic d3? Kind of a noob on audio, so info on recommended speaker sizes and brands is welcome.

I have an 05 crew cab non RF system.

Thanks!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I personally orderd the Infinity Basslink subwoofer for $182 off Amazon..$202 shipped to my door with amp wire kit.

It's an all in one unit, and searching on the web, I didn't read anything bad about it. Look for yourself..

But anyway, I think you're really going for bass or mid. The factory speakers do a great job with the highs..at least mine as I have a 6 speaker factory system.

I never notice a difference in sound quality with a newer cars speakers vs aftermarket. Just the bass in all cars can never seem to match up and distorts the speakers when cranked up (thus giving you bad sound)..add a subwoofer in the mix, turn down the bass on the door speakers, and you might be surprised.

·
Registered
1 Posts
alpine

u should replace your factory door speakers with alpine 6.5 components. they sound great unamplified but really crank with an amp. i just registered here so i will b adding pics soon. i have 06 crew cab non rf also/I]

Hey guys,
A while ago I replaced my head unit with a Pioneer Avic d3 and left the stock speakers. At this point I want to get a little better sound by replacing the stock door speakers. I don't have the money for an amp or sub right now, so i'm just looking for replacement speakers.

Anyone have detailed recommendations on what would sound good with the Avic d3? Kind of a noob on audio, so info on recommended speaker sizes and brands is welcome.

I have an 05 crew cab non RF system.

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
I don't think I can swing a sub and amp right now. I'll take a look at the Alpines though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Personally I love JL audio, Focal, and Diamonds. I would just buy a good componet set and then you can just add an amp down the road. I am a dealer for Kenwood, Diamond, and Rockford if you want something they offer.

Good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking at the JL Audio C2-650 components which seem to be in my price range. Any positive/negative thoughts?

Also, does the Titan have a factory crossover in the front doors? I'm curious on the install part if it's as easy as replacing the existing one?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I havn't personally heard them but I have heard good things about them and JL makes great products so I'm sure you'll be happy with them. Their won't be factory cross-overs for the factory speakers in the doors, must will run in-line passive cross-overs or the factory amp will just sent the right frequencies to each speaker.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK thanks.
So, since I have the pioneer head unit installed, will I need to add the passive crossover that comes with the components?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.