Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking to put wheel spacers on my truck to give it a wider stance look but not sure on the size to use. Don't want the wheels to stick out to far but enough to look good with fender flares. Also does anyone know exactly how these are installed on your truck?. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
188 Posts
They bolt directly onto the hub and the wheel then bolts to the spacer. Personally I would go with a rim with a different offset to achieve the same result. Wheel spacers can be a weak point and can cause premature wheel bearing failure due to increasing the load on the bearing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know this may sound stupid but what exactly would be the wheel offset and how would i go about finding out which one would be right. I mean what tells me the offset. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last season up here and Jersey I had two sets of wheels. Mugen Gps then I had of set of JDM FD2 Type R Wheels in Champ White. By time I sold the Gps, ordered the R Wheels it was about the end of August. Winter was coming in the next couple months and with the FD2 R wheels I would half to run spacers. I bought H&R Spacers with Extended Studs. I asked the service writer at the dealership I work at how much it would be to install the spacers and studs,basically they told me they wanted to charge me a arm and a leg. WTF!! So that would mean I would pay around 250 bucks to have them install them then take them off a few months later for the same price. This didn't make scene just to rock some hot as wheels. Its winter now and im trying to figure out which wheels I want and I stumbled back over some FD2 wheels for about a grand cheaper then what I paid used but in perfect condition. So I have a dilemma but I found a solution.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i would cruise around tirerack, you can look at OEM and aftermarket to see what the offset is. they have a little pic of the titan that you can put different wheels on to see what it looks like. its primitive but it will give you some ideas.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Many rim shops have a similar program thats a bit more advanced and you change to whatever wheels you like, the lift you have or want as well as change the tire size and get a 360 degree view. This makes the shopping much more easy compared to just guessing and using tire rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts