Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want some input on this.Have a chance to get either a Superchips or Bullydog progamer and either a Nissmo or AEM cai both at a good price.Whats everyone think? Will be getting an exhaust system in the future.
Thanks for the help!

Latter!
Jeff

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Just want some input on this.Have a chance to get either a Superchips or Bullydog progamer and either a Nissmo or AEM cai both at a good price.Whats everyone think? Will be getting an exhaust system in the future.
Thanks for the help!

Latter!
Jeff
I have the BullyDog PowerPup (not even sure the PP is available anymore..may have moved up in the world in price and features!) but from what I've read throughout these forums, it and the Superchips do pretty much the same things with the same or similar gains and benefits. The important things ( to me anyway) were the ability to remove the WOT restrictions, up HP a bit, and do the 2 degree timing advance. Both makes will do that. The BD allows you to remove rev and top speed limiters, change timing, change idle RPMs, remove WOT restrictions and gives you 3 different tunes...stock, regular fuel, premium fuel tune.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I don't know much about comparisons except one that Carbeaux and I did.. He has an Injen Powerflo CAI tuned with a Bully Dog PowerPup.. We removed his tune and installed my Superchips 91oct Performance Tune... There was no comparison, the Superchips was MUCH more fun to drive. We took ECU learning into consideration and he tuned it back with the BDPP.. It felt lame in comparison.

The Bullydog GT is said to have alot more features than the Powerpup, so a comparison with it might be different.. One main difference is that Superchips hard codes the settings into the tune you select so it's Select -> Upload -> Go, where the Bullydog GT leaves alot of settings customizable so there might be a less out of the box impact but you can tinker around with it to get it where you want it... Personally, I prefer the plug-n-go, but others prefer to spend time customizing it.. I change between different tunes from when I'm towing, traveling, or daily driving so taking the time to customize the settings would take longer than I want to spend on it.

The Superchips with Injen was also alot more fun to drive than mine with just the Airbox Mod.. I don't know how the Injen compares to other CAI's but there is a very noticeable difference over the stock airbox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts