Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, my AEM intake has arrived! I'll install it later this evening and let everyone know about it. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
firecracker said:
Sweet! Take LOTS of pictures for us, too!
Here is a shot of the components out of the box. Man, the filter is huge! Makes the tubing look tiny and it's a 4 inch pipe! The heatshield is the black thing.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
looks nice and shinny :D
whats the cost for one?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correction...it's a 3 inch pipe! Both Mossy and Hopupracing are local to me, but I got mine from GregV at Mossy Performance because I also picked up some carbotech pads and the intake was in stock.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK....just finished up! Took about 45 min.. What adds to the time is dropping the fender liner and mounting the bottom of the heatshield. Otherwise it's a pretty fast and easy setup. She now has major suction like someone I used to know :eek: :lol:

Here's a few pics. The finished ones didn't come out too nice because it was getting dark out. I'll take more tomorrow. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
firecracker said:
Pretty Clean looking install!

Let us know how it performs and if you get any SES lights.
Didn't get a chance to really test it yet. Just drove it around my block. So far no service engine lights. I wish I had put this on when I did my exhaust because it's really hard to notice 5-10 hp increases.

·
Registered
791 Posts
m95roadster said:
Yeah, my AEM intake has arrived! I'll install it later this evening and let everyone know about it. Can't wait!!
Can I ask why you decided to go with this intake v's the myriad of others out there? I plan to add and intake in a few months and I was just wondering . . .

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Very nice - looks sharp! Let us know about any difference in engine/exhaust sound along with your perceptions about performance gains. It will be a while before I add an intake, but AEM and Volant will likely be my top choices when I do.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TitanHauler said:
m95roadster said:
Can I ask why you decided to go with this intake v's the myriad of others out there? I plan to add and intake in a few months and I was just wondering . . .
I'm pretty familliar with AEM. They're actually more popular than the rest of the other intakes (besides k&n). But the main reason I went with this one is because of the beautiful polished aluminum tube. Performance wise, they all should be the same.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was idling in my driveway and blipping the throttle...the exhaust seems to have gotten deeper and with more authority than before.

·
Registered
791 Posts
m95roadster said:
TitanHauler said:
m95roadster said:
I'm pretty familliar with AEM. They're actually more popular than the rest of the other intakes (besides k&n). But the main reason I went with this one is because of the beautiful polished aluminum tube. Performance wise, they all should be the same.
I was going to say . . . The polished aluminum tube definately gets marks in my book. Really sets off the engine compartment. I'll be looking forward to your review.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Alum or Metal tubes allow heat to transfer more to the intake air than plastic does. The volant is still the best intake for cooler / better air.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Beast305 said:
Alum or Metal tubes allow heat to transfer more to the intake air than plastic does. The volant is still the best intake for cooler / better air.
What about K&N? Doesn't their CAI use a plastic tube???

G

·
A big advantage of the Volant is that it is completely sealed to the engine compartment. All the air is pulled from the fenderwell (or from the front if you have the ram tube).

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Beast305 said:
Air is not stagnant in the intake tube to where it gets heated. The engine is always pulling air in.

·
Banned
34 Posts
m95roadster said:
Beast305 said:
Air is not stagnant in the intake tube to where it gets heated. The engine is always pulling air in.
The intake tube temperature can drastically effect the temp on the intake air. Many many tests have been done on the G35s with temp gauges on the ECU. Some put wrap around the tubes and saw a 40 degree drop. The difference between metal and plastic is drastic.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts