Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing a set of KC Daylighters and can't see a good spot to run the wiring from the cab to the engine compartment or vice versa. Please let me know if anyone has any advice asap...It would be great to complete this mod!

Thanks!
V
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
firecracker said:
Hey V,

Check out this link:

http://www.clubtitan.org/postlite1039-.html

Boone-Titan has got some good Ideas for you.


Hope that helps!
Thanks for the link...I am doing the same set up as Boone-Titan (in the bumper). Just to fab the brakets and mount the lights it took me about 12 hours--->so I am really looking forward to the project's completion.
Thanks,
V
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
I went thru the firewall using an existing hole that had a rubber plug in it. It was located just to the left of the steering column just above where the hood release cable runs thru. If you carefully pull the insulation to the side, you'll feel/see it. I used an exacto knife to cut a cross in the center and ran the wire thru. after everything was installed, I went back and put a dollup of 100% silicon over it on both sides. Good luck and hurry up we want pictures. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Boone! I actually slid it through the same spot along the boot without having to cut anything. I used heavy guage wire from the cab and hooked it to the wires from the engine compartment, and pulled them through without a hitch. The only tough part was mounting the switch beside the pedal adj. swith on the black dash plug. It is so tight in there that I couldn't tighten the plastic ring on the back of the switch, which holds it tight to the dash. I had to take my dremel and attach the sanding wheel after threading it from inside the dash. After a few seconds of sanding...voila it screwed right on. Overall I wore out several drill bits and cutting wheels fabbing the brackets and mounting to the frame, but it wasn't too bad. I almost freaked when the lights wouldn't come on, but afetr checking my connections I checked the high beam splice and it hadn't cut through the thick insulation. So after removing some insulation the lights worked fine. I just need to tweak the adjustment a bit and install my lower grill insert and I will post pics.

Once I get some warm weather I will be installing the nissan 5.6 endurance stickers on the hood rise too.

Next on the list is a grill guard, hood deflector, and two more 150 watt KCs...stay tuned!

Cheers
V
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top