Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used K&N filters for some time; but after reading this test 8O , which was had a high degree of lab control, I may have to rethink adding a K&N or other aftermarket filter to my titan. Below is the link, let me know if any of you have seen other tests that may contradict these results.

Cheers!
V

http://home.usadatanet.net/~jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks like GM paid for the test. The results are different than what K&N would like you to think. I have a head ache trying to figure out what it all says :?:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ModlessG said:
Looks like GM paid for the test. The results are different than what K&N would like you to think. I have a head ache trying to figure out what it all says :?:
Me too...
I am going to forward the test link to K&N engineering to try and get a response from them. I had to do a similar action in response to a Ford dealership stating that my K&N FIPK was causing engine problems, and K&N responded quickly calling BS on the dealership. They stated among other things, that FORd uses K&N filters in their special edition mustangs and racing vehicles.

I will post any response I get back.

V

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Well all I can say is most people know that the performance filters don't filter better than paper. They flow more air, and that's why they're popular. Did you notice the huge difference in pressure drop between the K&N and paper? As long as you change your oil regularly, you won't have a problem. There are lots of people who have logged 200,000+ miles on their vehicles running K&N air filters.

I think the only real test for filtration is by oil sampling. Look at JetTechs analysis reports using Mob1 and the Volant filter.....excellent results from Blackstone Labs. I think he said that was with a 5,000 mi change interval. I'm, personally, not worried about running a performance air filter. Hek, when I had my Tundra, the dealerships were selling the TRD version of the K&N panel filters. I was talking to Joe from Volant a couple days ago, and they are making a GM spec Volant system to be sold by the dealerships, so don't think GM is too worried about it either.

Thanks for the link, V......interesting reading!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have used K&N air filters for years and we've never had any problems. I have even used them on industrial off-road diesels and have had great luck with them. We've opened up one gas engine because of a cracked head with over 150000 miles and it showed extremely low wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts