Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me or give me an idea, I accidentally cut the wire that runs underneath the passenger seat that connects to the ABS box underneath the center console. I cut it when i was installing an amplifier and I had the trucks ignition off but the battery was connected. I did not hear any short when it happened. I fixed the wires and taped everything but now my dash airbag light just keeps blinking and the passenger air bag sensor just stays lit even when somone is sitting on the seat. I tried many times to reset the light but it will not work, someone says I may of sent a crash fault code to the abs box sensor when i cut the wire. Can someone give me some idea of what I need to do, I want to avoid buying a new sensor:scheibe-big:

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I tried all that even disconnecting the battery for an hour then I tried to the reset again but it wont. It gets to the last part where it is in the reset learn mode where the light flashes slow and fast but after doing the last step it just goes back to the same thing. I have done it before and worked like a charm but this time I really screwed up. Is the passenger airbag light supposed to be on if someone is sitting on the seat? I really dont want to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mine won't reset either may have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
under normal operating circumstances the light will stay on if weight is on the seat and the seat belt is not buckled. if the seat belt is buckled and the person in the seat leans forward, it will also come on.

you probably did set off a hard fault code of some sort. airbag systems are touchy because they themselves are dangerous. you will most likely have to take it to the dealer. they will also probably suggest that the entire wire be fully replaced for safety reasons. as of right now i can guarantee your SRS system is completely disabled.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fixed it, I had the carpeting shampooed and figured out that the detail shop had to of removed my seats to do it since I found both connections from under the passenger seat disconnected! My airbag would not reset because of this and when I asked them they denied ever doing so, I will never go there again! Thanks to everyone for trying to help me out, I was so relieved and glad that I waited to check the wiring myself before going to the "stealership".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts