Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Frahm Airhog filter and performed the intake mod (only the internal part of the tube) and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The throttle response is awesome, big improvement from stock. I had the Flowmaster 50 installed already, I guess the filter mod's just woke my truck up. Burnouts should be a piece o' cake now.

Also had a noticeably louder growl. Can't keep from WOT, it just sounds sooooooooo good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone used the K&N recharger kit for their Airhog filter? Can't find a Frahm kit, I would imagine the K&N should be ok to use right?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Congrats on the mod. It's always nice when a product meets or exceeds your expectations. Just out of curiosity, why did you choose to go with the AirHog over the others, K&N, AirRaid, etc . . . Any photos of the airbox modification? Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I went with the Airhog because it was the only one available at the time. I wanted a K&N but couldn't find it anywhere. I've got the K&N in my wife's Lexus SC300 and compared it with the Airhog. I can't really tell the difference visually. When the Airhog first came out everyone was bashing Frahm on other forums. Now, it seems that it's been proven as good or better than the K&N filter according to some posts on this board. As long as you don't over oil it, shouldn't cause any problems. I'm sold!

The mod I did looks exactly like the picture that JetTech posted on a previous thread, I think it's in the do it yourself section.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
TitanHauler said:
Congrats on the mod. It's always nice when a product meets or exceeds your expectations. Just out of curiosity, why did you choose to go with the AirHog over the others, K&N, AirRaid, etc . . . Any photos of the airbox modification? Thanks.
I actually did a little write up one time way back.
http://www.clubtitan.org/postlite65-stock.html+intake+mod
m4ck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts