Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing the airbags on my titan today and i want to put a tee in the airlines so i only have to fill one valve and it will fill the bags equally. Any idea where i could get a tee that will fit that size tubing? thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
What size tubing? Any place that carries a decent supply of plumbing supplies will have brass T-fittings that you'll probably be able to find one that works. I'd try Lowe's plumbing section first.

·
Registered
270 Posts
you can't do that it will cause basically the reverse effect of a sway bar

·
Registered
36 Posts
yes you can done this on lots of trucks???? lowe's or other hardware stores

·
Registered
270 Posts
yes, you are right you can do this but it is not recommended think about what is happening to the air when you go around a corner it will be forced from the wheel on the outside to the wheel on the inside of the corner causing more lean. If you don't believe me then call Firestone or airlift and ask them. you will need more than just a tee or the bags will have different pressure when going around corners or if the bed is loaded heavy on one side.

·
Registered
384 Posts
yes, you are right you can do this but it is not recommended think about what is happening to the air when you go around a corner it will be forced from the wheel on the outside to the wheel on the inside of the corner causing more lean. If you don't believe me then call Firestone or airlift and ask them. you will need more than just a tee or the bags will have different pressure when going around corners or if the bed is loaded heavy on one side.
You need to isolate the bags after you inflate them or they will transfer air when cornering etc. I did this but used a full port ball valve mounted in my bed box to isolate them. All the fittings I bought at theairliftcompany. The pressure fittings at depot etc are slightly different size.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I see the point, but your towing, not racing. And still, pressure in the bag is going to stay the same. The truck is already build to control roll. I personnaly don't think I got increased roll by doing this. I'm carrying an 800 ATV and an old *** camper trailer that leak like a b%^* and is probably full of water. Not on nice pavement either. Should take picture of setup on the next hunting trip.

I like your idea of 2 ball v/v for filling tho.

·
Registered
36 Posts
never done that but the theory sounds good

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nismojunky, I bought my truck in Brandford, 2.5 years ago. Are you working in a dealership? I rememeber seing and other one there, big lift, tires, cat back and front grille. The sound of it made me by a Cat-Back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No I don't own that one I know the guy who does, I wish I worked at the dealership lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts