Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have an alarm/remote start added to the Titan, it's been 5 years since I researched this subject and technology improves. The alarm in my other vehicle is a Viper, I also read about Clifford,, Galaxy, Ravelco, Asian Wolf and newer Vipers. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with different brands and models? Every retailer tells you the ones they carry are the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great question! Would love to get remote starter. Does the installation of one effect any warranties on the truck? :?:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
As with any aftermarket addon it will void whatever its replacing or anything that it could directly affect. I don't have much use for an alarm. I don't leave anything valuable in the truck. The remote starter sounds good though. It is starting to get cooler now and would be nice to walk out to a warm truck. I know they do pretty good work on remote starters and remote door locks at Circuit City. I used to know a guy that worked there. You might want to check them out.
Let us know what they say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a remote starter in my Titan. The pain in the butt is that you need to hide a factory key in the dash in order to start the vehicle because there is a computer chip within the key that needs to be sensed by the system in order to turn the engine over. My dealership threw in the extra key since I had it installed when I purchased the truck, but they normally cost $85.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Clifford on my WRX and I havnt had any problems. The customer service is also very helpful, which is kinda hard to find lately. Whatever you choose I feel anything is better then the stock alarm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts