Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an aftermarket alarm, and the driver airbag light continues to flash??? This has stumped me as I know from the past, if you probe some cars airbag wires, it will cause the light to malfunction. Just trying to get an idea before I have to take it back to the dealer. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You should be able to reset it. Here is a how to link

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, I will try that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried it, and it didn't reset it. I was out there for at least 20 minutes. I guess it's off to the dealer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
llajumpvid, I was on TT today, and saw the same question I had, and they answered it basically the same as the link you provided, but with a slight variation, and it worked. You have to turn the truck off as soon as you see the light go out. I was trying it again this morning, until I found that one on TT, and noticed that I was actually counting to 7, and turning it off instead of watching the light the go off, I do appreciate the help, that light was driving me crazy 8O

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Don't try to look at your watch or count seconds, as that will mess you up. Here is what worked for me:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I copied it directly out of the service manual.....from what I remember it's been a few months. I'll edit my original post with your steps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem, but like I said, thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts