Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the internet for an all aluminum radiator for my 2006 Titan. Several sites say they have the CSF Aluminum tanks model but when I actually get someone on the line they are all sold out. Is the only reliable option a Stillen?:puke:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe the Stillen radiator is probably the only option you have. I purchased the Stillen radiator about 18 months ago and at the all-aluminum radiator that was delivered was the CSF Model 3328 radiator.

Shortly after I purchased my radiator, Stillen changed their supplier for their all-aluminum radiator away from the CSF radiator but I don't know who supplies the Stillen radiator at this time.

I don't believe the online suppliers have sold out of the CSF all-aluminum radiators, I don't believe they have ever had them in stock. Just out of curiosity about nine months ago, I called a couple of online retailers and they didn't have the CSF model 3328 radiators in stock and couldn't say when they would be in stock. I asked if they had ever had the radiators in stock and they didn't know the answer. They show the radiators on their website but cannot ever deliver them. One wonders why they even bother to advertise them on their website.

If you can catch the Stillen radiator on sale, as I did, the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
334 Posts
stillen corner market?

when my rad went out I tryed the same thing even went so far as applying to my card after a few days no shipping notice, called asked whats up and back order bs canceled order and went to napa had one in stock for 250 or so could not wait I need my truck now!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered one from autopartswarehouse a few weeks ago. Site said it was in-stock, few days later get an email saying they were out of stock. Ordered a Koyo. Couldn't find any other all aluminum besides the Stillen anywhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. I am gonna breakdown and get the Stillen. I off-road and tow and it will be worth the extra money.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Anyone know what the difference in the CSF "race rad." & the CSF "street rad." is?
Their both aluminum core...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Anyone know what the difference in the CSF "race rad." & the CSF "street rad." is?
Based just on the information given on one of the online retailers website, http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_parts/radiator/nissan/armada.html, the Racing series, Model 3328, is a two row radiator with a core size of 2.06" whereas the Street series, Model 3323, is single row radiator with a core size of 1.25".

What the above information means, I have no idea, but that is the information that is provided in the description.

Maybe someone with a good knowledge of radiators will come along with a better explanation.

·
3,813 Posts
The race rad has aluminum tanks where the street one has plastic tanks.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Cool, thank's guy's! I'm getting the "all" aluminum "race" one!

·
Registered
247 Posts
The race rad has aluminum tanks where the street one has plastic tanks.
Actually, the race rad (3328) is a two core design, the street one (3323) is a single core design. Both are all alum.

The "OEM/non street/non race" csf (3190) is the one with the plastic tanks.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
AH... Cool, thank's!

I was wondering that when i was reading the spec's. I'm still un-decided on which one to get. The "race" one is only slightly more. I wonder how the fitment is w/ the 2 core design?

·
Registered
343 Posts
AH... Cool, thank's!

I was wondering that when i was reading the spec's. I'm still un-decided on which one to get. The "race" one is only slightly more. I wonder how the fitment is w/ the 2 core design?
The CSF 3328 Racing Series is the same all-aluminum radiator that Stillen first sold before they changed suppliers. The fitment is supposed to a direct fit, the same as the factory radiator.

Since my Stillen radiator, the CSF 3328, is still sitting in its box in the closet, I cannot speak from personal experience but many others who installed the Stillen radiator haven't complained about any fitment problems.

I'd would be quite surprised if you will be able to complete an all-aluminum CSF radiator purchase with delivery from one of the online retailers. I don't know of anyone who has successfully bought an all-aluminum radiator from anyone besides Stillen. The sites are perpetually out of stock.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The CSF 3328 Racing Series is the same all-aluminum radiator that Stillen first sold before they changed suppliers. The fitment is supposed to a direct fit, the same as the factory radiator.

Since my Stillen radiator, the CSF 3328, is still sitting in its box in the closet, I cannot speak from personal experience but many others who installed the Stillen radiator haven't complained about any fitment problems.

I'd would be quite surprised if you will be able to complete an all-aluminum CSF radiator purchase with delivery from one of the online retailers. I don't know of anyone who has successfully bought an all-aluminum radiator from anyone besides Stillen. The sites are perpetually out of stock.
I've seen the CSF radiator and I'd say it's 95% a direct fit. You need to trim the plastic fan shroud to get it to fit correctly.

I wonder if any of these places ever had the aluminum version in stock? Maybe Stillen has some kind of licensing agreement with CSF to prevent other retailers from selling the Titan specific model... :feuerkopf2-big:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I recently installed the STillen Aluminum radiator. Its very nice and holds an extra gallon of coolant. So far so good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts