Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some searching around the board but can't find a post that has all of the fluid amounts for the entire truck. I'll need to change the differentials, transfer case, tranny fluids very soon. Can someone tell me the correct amounts for each? Also what are the best cost/quality ratio fluids?

Forgive my ignorance and I appreciate any help. I'm more of a motorcycle mechanic...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Engine: 5w-30 minimum 6.5 quarts up to 8 quarts
Rear Differential: 75w-140 4.4 pints (revised spec after 2004 manual was published)
Front Differential: 80w-90 3.4 pints
Transfer case: ATF 4.2 pints
Transmission: 11 quarts ATF (Matic-S or your favorite synthetic ATF)

Note that the transmission pan bolts are torqued to 70 inch/pounds. The WILL torque off.

I use AMSoil in all of the above as well as the brakes and power steering.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HRTKD, thanks for the information!

Does anyone else have any other drain/fill bolt torque specs?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
  • The differential plugs are 20 and 25 ft/lbs for the drain and fill plugs, respectively. Use RTV (spec) or teflon tape (non-spec, much easier) on the differential plugs. The bottom differential (drain) plugs are magnetic, while the top (fill) plugs are not.
  • The transfer case plugs are both 26 ft/lbs. The service manual says that the gaskets on the drain and fill plugs are not to be reused. I have changed my transfer case fluid twice and reused the gasket both times without any issues.
  • The engine drain plug is 25 ft/lbs.
  • The transmission drain plug is 25 ft/lbs. The transmission drain plug has a crush washer on it that is not to be reused.
The above specs came from the service manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts