Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1200w Alpine amp that pushes 2 Memphis 12" 1000w shallows.
If I push the amp to where it sound good and hits hard it shuts off. What I have to do to get it on again is turn off the T and start it again. Then the amp turns on again ...this is pissing me the duck off...

Help or this Alpine is gana get thrown out my window on the highway at 140mph
:boese2-big:

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
What is the impedence of the subs, and how is the amp wired to them (series vs. parallel) and is it a class D monoblock or 2 channel? Sounds like you're overdriving the amp. If the combined rms for two subs is 1000 watts, then you need a bigger amp, unless it is stable at a lower impedence, and will put out more power without overdriving. If you have model numbers for the subs and amp, I could look further into it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so Berry much :)
My friend just told me about the same thing, I think I'm gana go with 2 1000w amps or one 2000w :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Also make sure wiring is up to requirements as well. That kind of draw needs very thick supply. Then verify subs wired properly to amp as Rush stated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What is the impedence of the subs, and how is the amp wired to them (series vs. parallel) and is it a class D monoblock or 2 channel? Sounds like you're overdriving the amp. If the combined rms for two subs is 1000 watts, then you need a bigger amp, unless it is stable at a lower impedence, and will put out more power without overdriving. If you have model numbers for the subs and amp, I could look further into it.
You have some good and bad info here. You can drive 1000W subs with a 500 watt amp all day long.

What is correct is the impedance of the subs and the impedance rating of the amp.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
Not sure the model of woofer, but the Memphis shallow mount is rated at 500 watts continuous and 1000 watts peak. I am guessing the Alpine he has is more than enough power of these woofers, actually 100 watts to much power for them, since we do not know what model it is.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know what model it is but it is chrome with flashy blue lights all over.... I have 2 places tell me that its not an Alpine amp...that it is a knockoff with Alpine badges :/

You guys rock ill try to get a model number but I don't remember seeing one

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
I don't know what model it is but it is chrome with flashy blue lights all over.... I have 2 places tell me that its not an Alpine amp...that it is a knockoff with Alpine badges :/

You guys rock ill try to get a model number but I don't remember seeing one

Knock off or not, does it play fine before you really crank it up hard?
What size is your power wire coming off the battery?
How are the woofers wired going to it?

Post up a pic. of the amp?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts