Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My amp is always on.

I have power ran with fuse. Ground to bare metal with screw bolt. Remote turn on wire from head unit to amp.

Unit sounds great when on! However when off, the red power light has a pulse to it. Not fully bright an dims as it it's not quite getting full amount of power.

My thoughts is that it's (remote turn on) ran next to the power wire and getting a slight signal interference from the power line. However with volt meter it shows 00.0 volts at point of connection on the amp. Does read 12v when radio on..

Think routing remote wire help or a relay on power cable between battery and amp?

·
Registered
317 Posts
you could just install a switch in the ground wire. no ground...no power

·
Registered
113 Posts
What kind of amp is it?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Infinity basslink (all in one unit).

It gives out some amazing sound so I want to keep it before going to other options. One thought was a modified fuse. I thought about drilling out the center of the 20amp fuse and on the end cap soldering in a switch or relay. Because with the fuse out it won't turn on so this be easier to modify than trying to switch the 8 gauge power or ground cable.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Infinity basslink (all in one unit).

It gives out some amazing sound so I want to keep it before going to other options. One thought was a modified fuse. I thought about drilling out the center of the 20amp fuse and on the end cap soldering in a switch or relay. Because with the fuse out it won't turn on so this be easier to modify than trying to switch the 8 gauge power or ground cable.
dont ever put a switch in the power wire...thats asking for a fire.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No LOC on this. I have RCA. Option for speaker tap.

Won't install switch to power. There is a fuse on the unit. I take it out after I turn off the truck which is a pita. It's a 20amp blade fuse. Figure this be most effective than messing with 8 gauge wire. I'll tie an inline 20amp fuse when hooking up a switch or relay to keep protection in place.

Going to try running the remote wire away from power cable. Maybe this causing a slight signal keeping amp on

·
3,813 Posts
If your using RCA's and the remote wire, switch the Autoturn On to the Off position.

If your using Speaker Wire's for signal, remove the remote turn on wire and the Autoturn On switch should be On.

Page 3 under Power Connections in the users manual.

Hope this Helps.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I tried those setups with no solution. It was a long night waiting 20 minutes each time for It to turn off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts