1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
looks very comparable to the MB1...the moly is down in the Amsoil?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
What's up with the elevated calcium level? Otherwise it looks to be overall better than the Mobil 1.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I have used Amsoil in my vehicles for years but have not had them long enough to reap the rewards. This truck is a keeper however so I feel all warm and fuzzy about the Amsoil test results or maybe it's just the cat on my lap, lol.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
578 Posts
Did the BITOG'ers give you any love with this report? Which type of Amsoil was it ? The full synthetic or the group III.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Little late getting back to you!
The oil was the 5W30 (ASL) 100% synthetic.
I haven't had and comments from the BTOG bunch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I run 5w-30 in my Subaru and its fantastic stuff. I'd stick with it, but I'm going to be running something a little thicker since my car is getting up there (120K is slowly creepin' up on me).

Heck, Amsoil in general rocks.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
A gallon of AMSoil 0w-30 will cost $41 retail plus shipping. I ordered as a preferred customer and got a discount.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I had a great report with pennzoil platinum 5w30

·
Registered
853 Posts
So for us non oil savvy guys.........did it look good or not because that stuff really meant nothing to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I usually post my UOA samples here and on BITOG using GC 0w-30 or Mobil1 0w-40with pureone oil filters. After hearing so much hype and reading alot of good things about it, I ordered the amsoil SSO 0w-30 and the EAO13 oil filter, and will post my UOA after a couple of drain and refills. Im sampling after a couple of drain and refills to prevent leftover GC 0w-30 skew the results and should only allow the analysis to be pointed directly towards the amsoil SSO 0w-30 along with the EAO13 filter. This may take me til probably around Feb or March 2009 to sample. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know if anyone is still following my previous post, but i promise i'll still post my UOA sample of the Amsoil SSO 0w-30 soon. Im on my 2nd run on it. The first run was to clear out the old oil. This run i'll send in a sample to i think it's OAI (or whatever company amsoil uses for their oil analysis). I don't run this truck often but i think i'll send it in this summer (probably July or so), by then it might have a little over 3,500 miles or so. All my other UOAs were around the 3-4k miles. I just dont want to skew the results.

·
Registered
612 Posts
JamesH, don't change to a thicker viscosity oil. I made that mistake thinking it would help the engine and it actually damaged the engine because the larger molecules didn't allow the oil to cushion the rings. 5W30 is plenty thick, believe it or not. If you used Amsoil synthetic all the Subies's life, it probably has very little wear on the bearings and rings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts