Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks!

Thought I would say hello. I'm a new Titan (06 SE 4WD) owner and thought I would sign up and get my knowledge from here. Over the last 20yrs, I've been a Ford guy. Over the weekend while looking at F150's and walking past an 06 Titan a few times, I decided to test drive it and deal was done.

Little about me; Name is Corbin. I'm been in Arizona all of my 35 years, moved to Phoenix back in 04 to start over in life. My brother hooked me up with a job at Boeing and have been there since. Come from a family that are a bunch of gearheads and racers. I run up to the mountains every chance I get whether it's hunting/Camping.

I know very little about the Titans, hence the reason I am here. I plan on using the search button and asking questions where appplicable.

:sneeze:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Welcome to The Club

Howdy Folks!

Thought I would say hello. I'm a new Titan (06 SE 4WD) owner and thought I would sign up and get my knowledge from here. Over the last 20yrs, I've been a Ford guy. Over the weekend while looking at F150's and walking past an 06 Titan a few times, I decided to test drive it and deal was done.

Little about me; Name is Corbin. I'm been in Arizona all of my 35 years, moved to Phoenix back in 04 to start over in life. My brother hooked me up with a job at Boeing and have been there since. Come from a family that are a bunch of gearheads and racers. I run up to the mountains every chance I get whether it's hunting/Camping.

I know very little about the Titans, hence the reason I am here. I plan on using the search button and asking questions where appplicable.

:sneeze:
Welcome aboard.

The Ford's a great truck and I'm sure you'll enjoy the Titan.

If you're running the trails, I imagine a lift, tires, sealed intake would be a first order of business.

Where do you camp?

My wife and I drove out for our Wedding and Honeymoon to the Grand Canyon and are buying property in Flagstaff. Always looking for places to hike and camp myself.

Show us what you got when you get the chance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I'll most likely end up doing a leveling kit, 5100's and the 08 coils. That should about bring her level and I should avoid the CB contact.

How'd you like the Grand Caynon? I've spent all of my 35years here in Arizona and the only time I've visited was when I was 6 months old lol. A lot of my camping/hunting is done just outside Flagstaff. There's a lot of good country up there. One of my favorite spots is off FR231 (I think that's the road number). Nothing like sitting at camp with the San Fransico Peaks in the backdrop. If you go 20 miles back in there, you'll see a fee old cabins from the late 1800's that are still in use by hunters. There're not Hilton, but they have wood stoves and they all have journals from previous hunters. Pretty neat stories. Also back there are the canyons. You look out over Sedona and is an awesome site.

Another neat place is Payson, which is about an hour south of Flagstaff. Really neat area and history there on the Mogollon Rim.

Question; I've never heard of the intake seal mod. What's the purpose of that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm replying from my cell, but when I get home, I can send you some pics from a few of these places to give you an idea what the area is like. Where abouts in Flag are you looking to buy property?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Welcome

Thanks for the welcome. I'll most likely end up doing a leveling kit, 5100's and the 08 coils. That should about bring her level and I should avoid the CB contact.

How'd you like the Grand Caynon? I've spent all of my 35years here in Arizona and the only time I've visited was when I was 6 months old lol. A lot of my camping/hunting is done just outside Flagstaff. There's a lot of good country up there. One of my favorite spots is off FR231 (I think that's the road number). Nothing like sitting at camp with the San Fransico Peaks in the backdrop. If you go 20 miles back in there, you'll see a fee old cabins from the late 1800's that are still in use by hunters. There're not Hilton, but they have wood stoves and they all have journals from previous hunters. Pretty neat stories. Also back there are the canyons. You look out over Sedona and is an awesome site.

Another neat place is Payson, which is about an hour south of Flagstaff. Really neat area and history there on the Mogollon Rim.

Question; I've never heard of the intake seal mod. What's the purpose of that?
Thanks for the camping ideas. We're heading that way in May.

I have the Volant Gen 1 intake and used prefilters for my box so that I would keep out the fine dust. Driving in Sedona and around Kingman, I realized just how much dust I had picked up.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Flagstaff buying property

I'm replying from my cell, but when I get home, I can send you some pics from a few of these places to give you an idea what the area is like. Where abouts in Flag are you looking to buy property?
We had the chance of a lifetime 6 months ago to buy essentially my dream house about 6 miles south of Flagstaff.

5 acres next to Federal Lands with right on a corner but my driveway would go out to the a state road. It had a 4 car garage, wrap around deck, 3400 square feet, all wood floors, and stone interior/exterior walls, 10,000 gallon cistern and solar powered.

It was a short sale for $369,000. (found out the property was actually $1.2 million) I thought it was a misprint and called up to confirm that it wasn't. That was on a Thursday. On Friday, I made arrangements to fly out on Monday and meet the Realtor to put down the money site unseen.

On Monday, I found out that on Monday the house was officially up for Auction by the bank

It ended up going for $670,000.

Oh well.

So I'm not opposed to as far out as Munds Park or North of Flagstaff. The only thing I want is land, medium to tall trees, and direct access to a state road. No subdivisions.

I doubt we'd find that in between Sedona and Flagstaff but that would be nice.

Our idea is to buy the property now and have a company come in and build a "container ship" house that we'll use until we build. Then that space will be a guest house.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that sounds like one helluva deal. To be honest, you can find deals like that right now all over Arizona. I've had some family and friends come out with some very good deals due to other peoples misfortune.

I was raised in Cottonwood (10mins frmo Sedona) and lived there for 27 years. Sedona is very pricey and is a tourist attraction. My 91year old grandmother lives there and she absolutley loves it. Perosnally I don't really care for the place, but can understand the attraction from someone who has never been there to see red rocks.

I worked construction and the lumberyard business for 10years and only saw 2 or 3 per-fab house go up here. It's not that popular over here like it is in other states. I do know that Phelps was trying to get into that business a few years ago. I do not know if that ever took off for them.

I've been to some of the houses that we supplied lumber for in Oak Creek Canyon. All I can say is wow. I could handle living up there or atleast having a place in there for summer getaways.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Welcome to the Club. Pics are greatly appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts