Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I gues first off I'll let you know what I've got, its a 05 titan le with the tow/haul package. As far as mods done its got a 4" pro comp lift, 20" kmc rockstars, 35x13 toyo open country at's, magnaflow exhausts system, and i put in a K+N factory replacement filter. I love the truck, I managed to find exactly what I was looking for when I bought it, a bit older than I wanted but the price was right. so far the only mechanical issues ive had was one u-joint went on the front drive shaft (I replaced both) and both front unit bearings had some play in them so I replaced those as well. What I'm wanting to know is if there is any mods or anything that can be done quick/easy that I'm unaware of, little tips or tricks kind of things or certain things to watch for. Secondly (and mainly) I've got two separate noises coming from under the dash. the first doesnt do it all the time, and it occurs after the ignition has been turned off for a couple minutes. I know the truck closes all the vents, but its like it tries to close them more than they need, or they're obstructed and it makes a very rapid click noise. The second noise is compleatly random, it does it at any time, with the heat/ac blower and vents on any setting and it makes a clicking or popping noise. its extremely annoying! I seached the forum a bit and seen something about a air fuel thing that requires the removal of the dash to change? 22$ part. any one have any feedback? suggestions? very excited to be a part of the forum!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Welcome to The Club

Hello everyone!
I gues first off I'll let you know what I've got, its a 05 titan le with the tow/haul package. As far as mods done its got a 4" pro comp lift, 20" kmc rockstars, 35x13 toyo open country at's, magnaflow exhausts system, and i put in a K+N factory replacement filter. I love the truck, I managed to find exactly what I was looking for when I bought it, a bit older than I wanted but the price was right. so far the only mechanical issues ive had was one u-joint went on the front drive shaft (I replaced both) and both front unit bearings had some play in them so I replaced those as well. What I'm wanting to know is if there is any mods or anything that can be done quick/easy that I'm unaware of, little tips or tricks kind of things or certain things to watch for. Secondly (and mainly) I've got two separate noises coming from under the dash. the first doesnt do it all the time, and it occurs after the ignition has been turned off for a couple minutes. I know the truck closes all the vents, but its like it tries to close them more than they need, or they're obstructed and it makes a very rapid click noise. The second noise is compleatly random, it does it at any time, with the heat/ac blower and vents on any setting and it makes a clicking or popping noise. its extremely annoying! I seached the forum a bit and seen something about a air fuel thing that requires the removal of the dash to change? 22$ part. any one have any feedback? suggestions? very excited to be a part of the forum!
Welcome and wow..

1. Tips and tricks for mods or tips and tricks for maintenance, technical service bulletins?
2. The vent controls is normal. The cogs I believe are plastic.

I don't know about the clicking and popping.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
welcome. one tip for ya would be to do the axle vent mod. it could easily save your rear seals. just do a search on in it. i don't know about the popping noises, but my truck makes a sound that sounds like a silent, but deadly fart after a few minutes of being off. no popping sounds tho.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i think the clicking your hearing is actually the srs system testing the seat belts. usually happens after the a/c groan (dragon breath). sounds like its coming from the driver side dash while its actually coming from behind. took me a while to figure that one out. dont know if thats it just wanted to make you aware. as far as the a/c clicks...there shouldnt be any that i know of...mine just groans

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha interesting to hear the different descriptions for the deadly fart / dragons breath ac groan. The clicking occurs shortly after that, and this one has been since the day I got the truck. the second one I'm thinking is what I found in this one thread on here, http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56497&highlight=clicking+from+under+dash I guess I was just wondering if anyone else had any experiance with it. As far as tips and tricks it was more in the mods area, but even little service things that will make life easier or save $$ in the end would be nice to know as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts