Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this site just surfing about. Haven't bought a Titan yet. Can't decide wether to get a Titan or import a Patrol. If anyone could help me on the importing facts, and possible costs figures that would be great!

I priced a Patrol with all the bells and whistles from Russia. US Dollars = $2,173. Problem is though, importing and shipping costs along with DOT and EPA conversion costs.

I'm sure in the long run, probably better to go with TITAN!

I haven't been able to find too many helpful websites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:D

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Wish I could help, but I know nothing about importing vehicles.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
As good as the Titan is and as fun as it is to own I could not see any reason to pay extra to have a truck imported with all the extra costs involved. I believe you should go test drive the Titan and then tell us what you think. I believe you can get a 24 hour test drive if you ask for it at the dealership. I will do some looking around on this Patrol and see what your draw is to this truck. With all the bells and whistles on the Titan I can't believe it would be any better than what you can get from Nissan's big truck offering in the Titan.
By the way welcome to the site hope you decide to go with the Titan it's been a blast to own and drive.
M4ck

·
Registered
320 Posts
I suppose this "Patrol" is an overseas version of the Pathfinder or Armada? Nice looking SUV but I would go with the Titan. Besides what are you gonna haul in that thing? Other than arse?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is an overseas Nissan SUV. It has been around as long as the Land Cruiser at least. While it is not a truck, it is extremely powerful, especially off-road.

The turn-on's to this vehicle are not only the looks, of a possible family vehicle, as does the crew cab Titan, but also the powerful diesel that the Patrol gives.

I wish that there was a modified version of the diesel that they could place inside the Titan.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I owned a Patrol while living in the Middle East. It is an absolutely solid vehicle. A great vehicle to have in the desert. I had thought about bringing it back to the USA, but the paperwork was just too much of a hassle. The Patrol is not a real "looker" IMO, but it is a solid dependable vehicle that is a blast on the dunes. It solidly beat and outperformed the other SUV's my buddies drove.
John

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
And in the process you are bring up old topics pushing topics being currently discussed down and onto the next page which means that people with current questions are possibly not getting them answered. If you have a something legitimate to add to an old topic thats fine but digging them up to increase your post count is not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts