Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is officially my first post on the forums... so here goes nothing.

I should be getting my TiTan within the next week and a half and Iam very excited. I opted for the OffRoad package but I think Iam going to have the dealership put on the 18" rims and tires instead of the 17".

I really want to get some aggressive and larger tires for the truck without going the route of lifting it. I would appreciate any and all info or personal preferences of what size tires to mount on the stock rims... Like I said want to go bigger and wider without lift but want the truck to still look very aggressive and have the capability of going offroad if I need it....

Thanks for listening

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
CIADragon said:

I should be getting my TiTan within the next week and a half and Iam very excited. I opted for the OffRoad package but I think Iam going to have the dealership put on the 18" rims and tires instead of the 17".

I really want to get some aggressive and larger tires for the truck without going the route of lifting it. I would appreciate any and all info or personal preferences of what size tires to mount on the stock rims... Like I said want to go bigger and wider without lift but want the truck to still look very aggressive and have the capability of going offroad if I need it....

Thanks for listening
I would keep your 17" wheels then. There are far more tire choices for that size. That being said, the offroad tires are about the biggest you can go without a lift. If you get a leveling kit you can go a little bigger, 295/70/17 or 305/70/17 but that's about it. Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
QWIKWHIP said:
CIADragon said:

Thanks for listening
I would keep your 17" wheels then. There are far more tire choices for that size. That being said, the offroad tires are about the biggest you can go without a lift. If you get a leveling kit you can go a little bigger, 295/70/17 or 305/70/17 but that's about it. Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)
Ditto on what QuickWhip said. Faaaarrr more choices with a 17" rim.

·
Registered
601 Posts
There are more choices (and cheaper too) for the 17" diameter, but not for the stinky 7.5" rim Nissan shafted the OR kit with. If I remember correctly the minimum rim width to go to a 295/70-17 is 8". And it all goes up from there...

Some people are running the 295/70-17 on the OR rims with no problems. You might could go a little wider, but you are going out of spec for a tires and can't expect the same durability and wear out of it. (and it would look really goofy on a narrow rim)

I have the OR wheels right now. I recently bought some of the LE 18"x8" wheels so that I can run at least a 305 width. Now I just have to save $800 to buy the tires. If only Nissan had put 17"x8" rims on the OR package, I would be happy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of leveling kits are offered for the Titan and how much do they run normally.... Iam also a little confused about the actual purpose of the kit...obviously it levels the truck but to what degree?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
CIADragon said:
What kind of leveling kits are offered for the Titan and how much do they run normally.... Iam also a little confused about the actual purpose of the kit...obviously it levels the truck but to what degree?
Well if you ask anybody here there is only one leveling kit to get. :D It is the PRG (aka Gagnon, aka Prerunner Greg). This is the only leveling kit to consider. It is $199 shipped and can be purchased here.... www.prerunners.com All the other brands will damage the shocks and change the ride of the truck for the worse. The leveling kit does just that, levels the truck. It will raise the front end buy 2" or 2.5" depending on your prefference. It makes the truck look and handle better while retaining the same great OEM ride quailty. Do a quick search and you will find all the info you would ever need. It's probley the best money you could spend on your truck. Good Luck. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info... Next question how difficult an install is this kit..would i be bette off taking it to a shop or could i get away with doing it in my garage. Also could you link me to the site to purchase this kit?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
CIADragon said:
Thanks for the info... Next question how difficult an install is this kit..would i be bette off taking it to a shop or could i get away with doing it in my garage. Also could you link me to the site to purchase this kit?
I just edited my post and added a link, I was probley doing that as you were posting. :D As for the install, if you know your way around the garage you will have no problem. It took me about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. The nicest part about this kit is that you don't need to disassemble teh strut so no spring compressor is needed. If you go to his site there is a link to the install instructions.

·
Registered
791 Posts
HavockWK said:
There are more choices (and cheaper too) for the 17" diameter, but not for the stinky 7.5" rim Nissan shafted the OR kit with. If I remember correctly the minimum rim width to go to a 295/70-17 is 8". And it all goes up from there...

Some people are running the 295/70-17 on the OR rims with no problems. You might could go a little wider, but you are going out of spec for a tires and can't expect the same durability and wear out of it. (and it would look really goofy on a narrow rim)

I have the OR wheels right now. I recently bought some of the LE 18"x8" wheels so that I can run at least a 305 width. Now I just have to save $800 to buy the tires. If only Nissan had put 17"x8" rims on the OR package, I would be happy.
I would say you would be fine with the 295/70/17 on the 7.5" OR rim. If it is approved for 8" a 1/2 inch smaller shouldn't be a problem. I run a 20X8.5" rim with a 305/55/20 but the tires are only approved for a minimum rim width of 9". Doesn't look to goofy either. ;)

You can check out my install of the PRG/Gagnon Leveling Kit by clicking this link.

http://www.clubtitan.org/postt1360.html

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
After hearing all this talk about the PRG/Gagnon leveling kit, I'm seriously considering getting one, I just have to run it past the little lady and get the OK on it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
drmstlr66 said:
After hearing all this talk about the PRG/Gagnon leveling kit, I'm seriously considering getting one, I just have to run it past the little lady and get the OK on it.
Be sure and tell her that all the cool are doing it. :D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts