Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, before taking the leap into an 05', if Nissan has any changes planned for next year's model. I realize companies tend to be hush-hush about things like that, but thought there might be a resource out there with information available??
Also...what month will the 06' come out?
Thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I havent heard of anything yet. The '05s came out in Oct/Nov timeframe, so that is when I would expect the '06s to debut.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I dont think Nissan is gonna go from 305hp to 400hp in one year. Would be sweet, but I am not gonna hold my breath. :cry:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
The "Story" I heard, was that they're designing an SS version, can't remember the 'actual' name.

I'm hoping for a 3/4 or 1 ton version!
THAT WAY the 'Detroit Muscle' Trucks can ALL BOW! :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can't recall what off-road/truck magazine i read it in, but it said that Nissan is dabbling in the possibility of throwing a DIESEL in the Titan, for those aching for an alternative to the domestic diesels. that would be soooweeeet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
they are working to develop a 3/4 ton version with a diesel. At least thats what we've heard at the Smyrna plant.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
tytan said:
they are working to develop a 3/4 ton version with a diesel. At least thats what we've heard at the Smyrna plant.
Dang, I hope they don't come out with it before I pay this one off!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hear ya. But you know as bad as our trucks are now, can you imagine what a beast that would be?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
tytan said:
I hear ya. But you know as bad as our trucks are now, can you imagine what a beast that would be?
Nooooooo! I will not think about it......I will not think about it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Who you foolin'? We both know your thinking about it right now. :roll: Just please have a manual tranny! That was my only reservation about the Titan. I haven't had an automatic in years, but I like it. Oh well, at least I can still bang gears in the wifes G35.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if you guys were aware, but GM dropped Delphi's Quadrasteer system, and apparently Nissan has at least considered it.

Link, last line.

I was really impressed when I drove a Sierra Denali with Quadrasteer. I know some people don't like it, or don't think it is worth it (although it dropped to $2K for the option), but it would be another big advantage for Nissan to have it as an option. It would probably take 30% of the Titan's turning radius.

P.S. Yes I did search first, sorry if this has been brought up. 8)

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
tmod said:
Not sure if you guys were aware, but GM dropped Delphi's Quadrasteer system, and apparently Nissan has at least considered it.

Link, last line.

I was really impressed when I drove a Sierra Denali with Quadrasteer. I know some people don't like it, or don't think it is worth it (although it dropped to $2K for the option), but it would be another big advantage for Nissan to have it as an option. It would probably take 30% of the Titan's turning radius.

Dont think I have ever heard anyone talk about Quadrasteer here. Besides if they had we dont mind talking about things twice. Might even help some of us to talk about things twice as slow as some of us are. LOL
m4ck

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
a diesel titan, I agree better now come out soon....I want one...we need an emoticon with a dude drooling!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
m4ck said:
tmod said:
Dont think I have ever heard anyone talk about Quadrasteer here. Besides if they had we dont mind talking about things twice. Might even help some of us to talk about things twice as slow as some of us are. LOL
m4ck
This is Culb Titan. Your 1st post is not going to get a reply of "go search." Here at ct you get a nice welcome and a smile.

Welcome to the club tmod. :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
tytan said:
Who you foolin'? We both know your thinking about it right now. :roll: Just please have a manual tranny! That was my only reservation about the Titan. I haven't had an automatic in years, but I like it. Oh well, at least I can still bang gears in the wifes G35.
If they ever throw a manual in one, I'll be the first in line at the dealer wanting to trade up. I just don't see it ever happening though, considering only 10% of vehicle sold last year had a manual in them, and that number has been going down every year.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
kytitan said:
This is Culb Titan. Your 1st post is not going to get a reply of "go search." Here at ct you get a nice welcome and a smile.

Welcome to the club tmod. :D
Kytitan you really hit this one on the head. I have prowled around the other sites and on several occassions you see new members get thrown through the shredder for asking what certain key members deem a stupid question or one asked before.

M4ck, BiXll, JetTech, Firecracker, and others you really are what makes this site unique. Everyone is taken with open arms and all questions are answered with upmost respect towards the person asking. If someone is out of line the moderators take care of the problem and try to keep the posts clean and constructive.

So guy's just want to let you know we appreciate what you do for us at the site. Thanks M4ck for bringing it to us and to the moderators for all the help you give us. So when you guy's coming to California for a meet!!!?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts