Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
I would recommend letting a tint shop install Llumar tint so you could get a warranty. I had mine done for $60 and they didn't use the felt strips. After about a month the tint had slight scratches on it so I took it back, they installed felt strips, replaced the tint for free, and we all lived happily ever after... :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
I second the getting it done by a shop. They know what there doing. I had all my windows tinted to darkest legal and was only 110 so it aint too bad.
M4ck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
JetTech said:
I would recommend letting a tint shop install Llumar tint so you could get a warranty. I had mine done for $60 and they didn't use the felt strips. After about a month the tint had slight scratches on it so I took it back, they installed felt strips, replaced the tint for free, and we all lived happily ever after... :lol:
Dale, my tint shop warned me the tint will scratch due to the hard plastic window seals nissan uses but didnt offer me any felt strips or have any. Is this something I can find somewhere and have put on?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
MikeZ said:
Dale, my tint shop warned me the tint will scratch due to the hard plastic window seals nissan uses but didnt offer me any felt strips or have any. Is this something I can find somewhere and have put on?
I would try another tint shop Mike, I can't believe you found one that didn't have felt or at least some sort of soft strip to prevent the tint from scratching. I thought they all had that... :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I got the tint off of ebay. It looks just like a pro did it. I honestly found fewer flaws in the tint than if I had someone else do it. (Hmmmm.....I wonder why? lol ) It only took me about 20 minutes per window, and I really took my time. The stuff is computer cut so it matches up perfectly. The triming step is usually how you can tell if someone did their own tint. The most important part is to get the window clean. It needs to be cleaner than anything you have ever in your life cleaned before. Other than that is was a piece of cake. I have done a few friends tint before and it was a lot harder to do with tint on a roll. If you want to save some money give it a try. The worst you can do is give up and have it done by a pro right? By the way my front windows were not tinted when I took the picture for my sig. But if anyone else does get the tint off ebay, get the recomended 20% and if you don't already have a squeegee you'll need one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
8) good deal smoked.I have decided to go that route after calling all the tint shops in north central florida :roll: many,many thanks for the review :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
since there pre cut I might do them myself, but for $30 shipped I would rather have my buddy who tints do it with his tint for $40, cant beat his price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SMOKEDYA2 said:
since there pre cut I might do them myself, but for $30 shipped I would rather have my buddy who tints do it with his tint for $40, cant beat his price
Man thats a deal, if I could get it done that cheap i'd go that route. $65 plus tax is what I am looking at if it was done at a shop. I have tinted in the past, its just a pain, but to save about $40 bux you can bet I will suffer through the agravation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
dont blame you, just remember when getting it done profesionally you get what you pay for. not the headache's of installing it yourself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SMOKEDYA2 said:
when getting it done profesionally you get what you pay for
Unless you are the local "professional" shops here. I have seen some real hack jobs. I can tint better than the one shop that is here in town I can honestly say. They dont have computer cut tint either. I believe my 3 year old can cut a straighter line than them, and me :lol:Cutting and trimming the tint to fit is what I hate, but I dont mind puting it on. If its precut even close, its worth keeping the 40 bux instead of giving it to the installer :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
had a gran prix that i got tinted by a shop and it kept peeling, so i kept taking it back and they kept redueing it under there warrenty. they werent happy and I got my moneys worth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
had a gran prix that i got tinted by a shop and it kept peeling, so i kept taking it back and they kept redueing it under there warrenty. they werent happy and I got my moneys worth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
ooops hit the submit button twice, my bad
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top