Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my assbag of a concrete guy just did a nightmare of a job, I get to have a **** surface floor instead of a slick finish.

So who has used a grinder before? Is it easy to take a rough trowled/bull float surface and smooth it pretty well? I just want a smooth semi-slick finish.

I have to epoxy my floor now I think in order to prevent anything from soaking into it.

You have no idea how frustrated I am right now. :mad3:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since my assbag of a concrete guy just did a nightmare of a job, I get to have a **** surface floor instead of a slick finish.

So who has used a grinder before? Is it easy to take a rough trowled/bull float surface and smooth it pretty well? I just want a smooth semi-slick finish.

I have to epoxy my floor now I think in order to prevent anything from soaking into it.

You have no idea how frustrated I am right now. :mad3:
concrete floor grinder Los Angeles
thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
3 Posts
We removed all the flooring from a single story 1300sf rental house and had a company polish and seal the floor. Even with a smooth slab, it was still a big multi-day job. They used a combo of hand grinders with diamond wheels for the tight areas, and a big Husqvarna walk-behind grinder with a Hepa vac. It is a dirty, messy dusty job with lots of hazardous silica dust. If your concrete guy left a brush or broom type finish, it will take a loooong time to get to a smooth finish, and you will burn through a lot of pads and wheels. You didn't mention where the floor is, but if it's not a heavy use area, you may find it easier to put a thin layer of self-leveling concrete over your current surface. This will give a nice smooth finish you can then coat or epoxy. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts