Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the long term results were, in regards to the condition of the window stripping and having the vent shade installed? Does the vent shade compress the weather stripping to where the window will be loose without the vent shade installed?

·
Registered
675 Posts
well there are people on here with them cause I have seen the pics hopefully they will help you out. Good luck

·
3,812 Posts
I have the inchannel AVS brand, and they do not compress the seal. I had removed mine when the Titan was painted and ran without them for a couple weeks before i reinstalled them. There was no wind noise, so you will be good to go.
You just need to add a short piece of 3M doublesided tape to both edges, B-Piller and Mirror, to stop the rolling in when the window is crcked open while it's hot out. Most members, including me, have complained about the window hitting the visor when they rolled up the glass, I added the extra 3M and Stoped this from happening.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
I have the VentShade version on my Titan and Durango. Love them. Much nicer look than the stick on outside the channel.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I have them and my only complaint is with the auto up....some times they roll up...then back down a few inches....the safety feature...

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have the Wade brand in channel visors and haven't had any problems aside from the safety feature on the auto window up every once in a while.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I had this style on for over a year. Worked fine every time after just one or two days. I removed tehm recently due to reduced vision. I found i wasn't amking use of the item, and preferred an unobstructed view at the A pillar. Everything still looks and works fine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool! Thanks for the info guys!

That's true about the pillar view. I never thought about that.

·
Registered
824 Posts
damond said:
Cool! Thanks for the info guys!

That's true about the pillar view. I never thought about that.
Yeah that big ole fat pillar there is tough enough to see around, you have to pay attention when looking through the smoke one that I have. I need to 3m tape mine, they rattle once in a while in the channel but I just need to hit em with some 3m tape.

·
3,812 Posts
Sftail1990 said:
Yeah that big ole fat pillar there is tough enough to see around, you have to pay attention when looking through the smoke one that I have. I need to 3m tape mine, they rattle once in a while in the channel but I just need to hit em with some 3m tape.
If you take your time you can install the 3M with out removing the visors. A 1/2" piece at the very bottom, B-Piller and Mirror, is all that is needed.

·
Registered
824 Posts
04titanss said:
If you take your time you can install the 3M with out removing the visors. A 1/2" piece at the very bottom, B-Piller and Mirror, is all that is needed.

That is a great idea and if I have to get them out it wouldn't be a wrestling match, thanks 04titanss.

·
3,812 Posts
Sftail1990 said:
That is a great idea and if I have to get them out it wouldn't be a wrestling match, thanks 04titanss.
Glad to Help.
Since i added the extra 3M i have not had the visors roll in from the sun's heat and catch the side glass at all this summer. Last summer it was a hit and miss thing, one day it would catch and the next it would not. I was so worried about rolling up the glass to hard and braking the visor, No Worries Now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to revive and hijack an old thread, but I've got some Putco in-channel visors sitting here waiting to be installed.

The instructions are vague, at best. I've tried looking for instructions from other manufacturers, but to no avail. I've also read this thread, but I apparently need more detail.

Do these install between the door's window frame metal and the outer window seal or actually in the seal where the window rolls up into? Does anyone have any close up pictures showing where they get installed?

[EDIT]
Sheesh.. nevermind. Found answers to my exact questions here.

+1 to me for searching...

-1 to me for not searching enough before asking...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also have the AVS in-channel vent visors, and I had to add some 3M auto-grade tape to keep them from rolling inward. I also experience the problem with the window backing down during the summer when using the auto-up windows switch feature, but it's better than not having them at all when the window or sunroof is cracked when a sudden downpour occurs. Down here in the south, it's not good to wear shorts and to sit on leather upholstery in an unvented vehicle after sitting in the hot sun for 8 hours on a 100*F day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Wade in channel on my 08.5 CC. I had problems with the front passenger side one staying in after about 6 months. I emailed Wade concerning their guarantee and they did not even bother to respond to my email. I included an attached invoice copy and described the fact that unlike the other 3 visors, the fit on this one was poor. I guess their customer service is also.

·
3,812 Posts
I have the Wade in channel on my 08.5 CC. I had problems with the front passenger side one staying in after about 6 months. I emailed Wade concerning their guarantee and they did not even bother to respond to my email. I included an attached invoice copy and described the fact that unlike the other 3 visors, the fit on this one was poor. I guess their customer service is also.
Apply new 3M double sided tape on it to fix your problem.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i have the wade in channel and have never had any problem what:):)tsoever.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts