Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one of these on a Toyota Tacoma in Nantucket a couple of years ago and forgot what it was called and I found their website last year. I haven't seen any updates for about a year now and wonder if they still exist.

I went up close to see how it worked. The materials looked to be fairly high quality, lightweight, and the operation was pretty slick. The footprint is the entire tailgate, but it folded away nicely when not in use, maybe only taking up a couple of inches when the tailgate was up. I think there were a couple of cotter pins for easy removal of the whole thing but I'm not sure. The Tacoma owner never caught me and I didn't stick around very long. (I'd hate to see someone screwing around my truck!)

http://www.insta-gate.com/

I could probably check it out myself but I think there are some people here who are REALLY good at doing this sort of investigative work, so I thought I'd throw this one out there. Anyone willing to get the company to "instigate" one for the TITAN? They are in Torrance, California. Who knows, maybe they'll provide some freebies (ZIP, ZERO, NADA) for testing - in which case, I'll take one for all-weather testing. :wink:

Any thoughts?

Cheers

TZDE

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Insta-Gate

I got a response from Insta-Gate. Here it is:

--------------------------------------------
We are the engineering dept for the new gates. What we call the universal gate which will fit any truck will be out this summer.

I have you on file and we will keep you updated. Or check back real soon.....

Thanks,

DASCO ENGINEERING CORP
24747 CRENSHAW BLVD.
TORRANCE,CA. 90505
--------------------------------------------

Cheers,

TDZE

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like the Nissan extender too ....

But when I need to carry REALLY long stuff ... I use this ...

http://www.extendatruck.com/specs.html

Works pretty good for less than $100 ....

Whoops ... Northern had them on sale for $99 when I bought mine ... looks like they're $119 at Northen now ...

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts