Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this e-mail from Rugged Rocks Off Road

ARB said the Nissan M226 (Dana 44 Variant found in the Nissan Titan & 05+ OR model Xterras and Frontiers and those w/ standard transmission) Air Locker would be here in Late '08 and Here it is!
Rugged Rocks has been working with the ARB marketing Dept. over the last few weeks to Obtain, Install and Test the first ARB M226 ARB Air Locker in N. America. An install article will be posted online within the next few days and the rest of the M226 Air Lockers are scheduled to arrive here in the U.S. on Oct. 20th. You can Pre-Order your M226 ARB Air Locker w/ Free Shipping from Rugged Rocks Off Road here: ARB Air Locker - Nissan M226 (Dana 44 Variant) - Nissan Xterra 05+ | Pre-Order Ships Oct 21st || Rugged Rocks Off Road, Do It On The Rocks

·
Registered
335 Posts
That would be awesome!

·
Registered
144 Posts
so are these just for the rear or will they fit in the front diff also? i don't even know what are front diff is. is it a 44 center section?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Being that I dont really know much about locking diffs...I guess I need to ask, would this work on a 2 wheel drive Titan? Can if be used like TruTrac for those of us with 08 rear diffs? If so I could use it at the track...

·
Registered
544 Posts
will it work with an 08?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
04TitanKC said:
Being that I dont really know much about locking diffs...I guess I need to ask, would this work on a 2 wheel drive Titan? Can if be used like TruTrac for those of us with 08 rear diffs? If so I could use it at the track...
Air lockers are selectable....open/closed....plus its a really well built locker....not limited slip....full lock...Its what hard core rockcrawling/off-roaders love...

·
Registered
618 Posts
hmmm...as long as it gives me traction in a straight line and works well at the track without slowing me down, I'M GAME!

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is awesome! great news - thanks!

·
Registered
618 Posts
cant 08 rear end

·
Registered
618 Posts
What about us 04 guys?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
so is this better(reliable, stronger) than tru-trac?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
d0va said:
so is this better(reliable, stronger) than tru-trac?
For off-roading, yes it's better.

Strength wise? I don't know for sure, but would bet that it's stronger.

You'll have to add a mini-air compressor pump, which should be included, in order for it to work correctly, as well as run some air lines and other stuff.

It's certainly a more complicated install than the Tru-Trac.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is this for the front or rear?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts