Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my techs just noticed the welds breaking on my hitch. If you haul anything with you truck check them over good. I am talking to nissan to see what they are going to do. I will keep you updated as i get more info. I will post pics tonight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just checked all welds, they are ok, and I towed a 6x12 with a terramite a few times, and the same trailer loaded with material (Gravel and soil). Always a good idea to check out any hitch before towing though...

The hitch does look less beefy then the one on my 06 ram.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is a pic of the hitch. The arrows indicate where the welds are breaking. I will take actual pics of mine tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
When did they change the design of the hitch? My '04 and my '08 hitch doesn't look like that.

Good info!!

-Lab

Ok, here's a pic of my hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They changed in 2010.
Ok here is the update: I was going to put the accessory hitch on but the bumper is made onto the hitch. There is no way of mounting the bumper with out the hitch. I will be getting a new factory hitch & have found a guy that is wiling to trade bumpers & hitches with me. His truck is lowered so he doesnt use the hitch for any heavy towing.

·
Registered
682 Posts
What do you tow? Weights? WD hitch?

The folks over at www.rv.net are very interested in this one!

Hope Nissan stepps up and helps you out. I wonder why they chenged the design? Bumper and hitch are one piece, eh? Great info!

-Lab

·
Registered
116 Posts
And here I am getting ready to tow my first load this weekend... At least it is only going to be about 3-4 yards of mulch, so maybe 500lbs with trailer? lol

I hope this isn't a problem that more of us 2010 guys are going to see. I don't tow often enough or with much weight most of the time to cause problems so for me to get any kind of a fix would be a recall or in about 10 years...

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you tow? Weights? WD hitch?

The folks over at www.rv.net are very interested in this one!

Hope Nissan stepps up and helps you out. I wonder why they chenged the design? Bumper and hitch are one piece, eh? Great info!

-Lab

I havent posted this on rv.net yet till I had all the info. They changed the design in 2010. I have a sprinter 300kbs. 800lb tounge weight. 8000 lbs dry weight. We do not load this trailer heavy. It is just me & my wife camping so we dont need much. I do have the equilizer w/d hitch on it. Send me a link to where you have this posted over there & I will update the info there also.
One of my techs was willing to switch with me so I now have the old style hitch setup. We put the new one on his truck because he doesnt haul much.
The new hitch style has the bumper mounted directly to the hitch so we had to switch out the mounting brackets off of his truck to mine.
Nissan has asked for the hitch back so they can investigate the failure & see if they need a recall on these hitches. They said they would keep me informed of there findings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts