Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started on my audio install. So far I have only matted the front doors. I'm still deciding on some of the components, but one of the pics attached will show a sneak peek of what I will put in the doors.

The component set is the 7" Focal Utopias.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Cant wait to see it all done.
M4ck

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update w/pics:

I was able to run the power wire, rca's and speaker wires for this update. I had to drill a hole for the power wire in the passenger side firewall. It is much lower than the factory grommet which is difficult to get to. I also installed new battery terminals. The factory positve cable mounts to the terminal and a circuit breaker is behind the battery.

Passenger side firewall

Postive and negative terminals

Grommet...view from underneath, picture taken on my back looking up. It is right below the condensation drain.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More Pics:

I fabricated a speaker baffle with 3/4" mdf and used an additional 1/4" hdf spacer because the Focals are too deep. Behind the baffle I used foam gasket tape to seal it to the door. The baffle is secured using nuts and bolts in the factory mounts.

Speaker baffle .. 3/4" mdf and 1/4" spacer

Baffle mounted to the door.

Focal mounted in door.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kytitan said:
8O Wow, thats a nice looking box.
Thanks, but I was hoping it would come out better. I haven't done any true custom stuff in 15 years so I was a little rusty and almost forgot how to do upholstery.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
m95roadster said:
kytitan said:
Thanks, but I was hoping it would come out better. I haven't done any true custom stuff in 15 years so I was a little rusty and almost forgot how to do upholstery.
lol, it looks 10x better then any box I ever built.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kytitan said:
m95roadster said:
kytitan said:
lol, it looks 10x better then any box I ever built.
I'm sure if you had a table saw and router you could do the same. :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
Man, this is like watching a good show and just as it starts getting really good the "....to be continued" comes up.
You are doing an awesome job...can't wait to see the outcome. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Keep up the good work! I went to a local stero shop that said they had a box for a kingcab and luckily I test fitted it and it didnt even fit. The stereo guy was telling me that it looked good , I was thinking the whole time , where am i gonna mount my amp? The box took up the whole back. I guess im gonna wait for jl audio to make a box.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What size speakers or subs fit in that box.. It looks awesome by the way...
I wanna put 2 10" woffers under my rear seats but have not seen a box made for the Titan yet. know of any?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mysetitan said:
What size speakers or subs fit in that box.. It looks awesome by the way...
I wanna put 2 10" woffers under my rear seats but have not seen a box made for the Titan yet. know of any?
Thanks, I was putting in three 8". However, I plan on changing it out to two 10" also. I don't know of any pre-fab boxes except for JL Audio which is close to $700.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm worried about the size of the box. I dont want it to stick out further than the seats come out. I wanted it flush. I'm looking into using Image Dynamics since their subs require the least amount of space, well at least from what i was informned.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mysetitan said:
I'm worried about the size of the box. I dont want it to stick out further than the seats come out. I wanted it flush. I'm looking into using Image Dynamics since their subs require the least amount of space, well at least from what i was informned.
There are a lot of 10" subs that will work. Most 10s require .50 to .75 cu ft. which will be fine. My box is over 2.0 cu. ft. and it's still flush with the seat. Pay attention to the depth of the speaker though. Anything 6" and less should work fine.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts