Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I just purchased my second Nissan Titan 3 months ago :) its a 2010 se cc radiant silver. I already put 22" menzari rims wrapped in nitto Terra grapplers 305/40/22. I need some help. I just purchased the pioneer AVIC z110 an I'm goin to install it myself. I've done this type of install many times so I'm perfectly comfortable doin it. My only problem is I have no clue where the reverse wire is or the vss. Could someone please assist me with this. If I have a definitive location on these I anticipate the install should take me roughly 90 minutes or so. Any working diagrams, harness locations or pictures would be greatly appreciated. I plan on doin the install tomorrow right after work an driving to Savannah immediately afterwards if the install goes ad plannef. Ty in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i got the radio installed but there were some complications. no1. DO NOT get the scosche harness adapter. it does not work, the metra one is the correct one. metra pn 70-7550 is the correct harness adapter needed for a 2010 titan cc with out rocksford fosgate system but with 6 cd changer. also the scosche dash kit seems to be very poor quality. my radio is installed but its crooked. im gunna get the metra an try that one out. Also for anyone doin this install, it is a very tight fit. the factory radio has its harness' at the top of the radio allowing clearance of the big metal pipe thats in there. the pioneer has its harness' at the bottom, directly in from of the pipe. this leaves u very little room to work with, i would say not even half an inch, millimeters even. what u must do is move all the harness's as far right as possible, past the radio's edges for it to get in there. I'm lettin all the new titan owners know so that they know what to expect:) I tapped into the VSS wire from behind the speedo. it seems to be the same as earlier models, as well the the reverse signal gear input. Bypass an everything worked like a charm with no toggle switches, as for the unit itself it is very nice. I'll update this thread as soon as i get the metra kit installed an i also took pics of the entire process so if someone can show me how to post em i would be happy to:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
avic z110

use the facory brackets to mount the radio! speed sense is in the radio harness white with red stripe. and reverse is in the drivers kick panel its a green wire test before making any connections. reverse is also at the rear view mirror.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts