Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stupid question what do you guys think about buying a stereo on ebay(AVN1),$1,300 FROM A PRIVATE OWNER AND NOT A ACTUAL DEALER ON EBAY?or am i better off going to circuit city and paying 1,900 where i can warranty it at?

·
Registered
91 Posts
It might just be me, but with that kind of money I would feel better getting it from a company with a return policy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've never had a bad experience with e-bay myself. Does anyone know if you buy using paypal and there is a problem,will they get involved or cover any loss?
I know someone who lost $1200 to a guy from Canada who claimed to ship a camera that never arrived.
He never could prove he sent it either.

Clint

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you talking about the AVIC-N1 (Pioneer) or the AVN (Eclipse)? Just curious, but neither manufacturer will back the warranty if bought on e-bay. I would suggest the same as others have...if your going to spend that kind of money, you may as well make sure it's covered under warranty. JMO :)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
A reputable Ebay dealer will guarentee his product. As long as his feedback is good and you feel comfortable I would not hesitate to buy. Ebay is a good source for items. Just ensure that you are completly satisfied and be sure you get what is advertised. PayPal gaurnetees your purchase, an insurance that you recieve your product. I don't reccomend buying from someone with less than 100 positive remarks and no less than about 98% satisfaction. alot of the big sellers have a hundred negative feedbacks a month, but still manage a to 94-97%.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ive never ebay-d myself, but my friend bought his pioneer head unit off of ebay, and it was fine. he purchased a 3000$ system for about 2000 bucks, just beware.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD FEEDBACK,JUST SOLD MY OLD STEREO ON EBAY TODAY,FUNNY THING THING I JUST POSTED IT 3HRS AGO.NOW IVE A EXTRA $350 TO PUT TOWARDS THE NEW PURCHASE,THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts