1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ,

I am pickup a new 2004 LE loaded with all except sunroof. built JAn 2004
2 questions?

1st. I didnt see the rear diff lock button on the dash even though i have offroad package. ???

2nd What so i be double checking for when i pick it up any TSB or recalls etc that i should make sure is looked at before i pick it up and have to bring it back for future repairs..

thanks in advance everyones help...

Charlie
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
First off welcome aboard Charlie.
Next go here http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Titan/2004/1.htm
look at the TSB's and if you have any problems print them and take them to the dealer with you. I would like to have seen you getting a newer build date. One in the last few months. The earlier ones are more prone to little problems. Next after you get it make sure you check all fluid levels. I mean all of them. Even the rear diff.
Glad to see a new Titan owner hope you keep coming back.
M4ck

·
Registered
184 Posts
If ya got the utili-trac system in it, make the dealer throw a pair of tie down cleats in for free. I should have back when I bought mine, now I gotta pay for them :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
cnaimo said:
HI ,

I am pickup a new 2004 LE loaded with all except sunroof. built JAn 2004
2 questions?

1st. I didnt see the rear diff lock button on the dash even though i have offroad package. ???

2nd What so i be double checking for when i pick it up any TSB or recalls etc that i should make sure is looked at before i pick it up and have to bring it back for future repairs..

thanks in advance everyones help...

Charlie
[email protected]
Welcome Charlie.....

The rear-diff lock didn't come out until last April if I remember correctly so your build date is before it was offered. You should have VDC though which is an excellent thing to have.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
DeesT said:
If ya got the utili-trac system in it, make the dealer throw a pair of tie down cleats in for free. I should have back when I bought mine, now I gotta pay for them :cry:
Darn Dees that's a shame, the tie downs are part of the utilitrac option. I can't believe they didn't just give you a set when you realized there weren't any in your truck upon delivery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one quick question

One quick question., I think i do have VDC shoudnt i have locking diff also .. can you have both at the same time as options or do they cancel one for the other..

thanks
Charlie

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
No they cannot both be had on the same truck. If you have VDC you'll see a switch with VDC on it near your tow mode switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts