Nissan Titan Forum banner

back up warning system

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  NDJollyMon 
#1 ·
Hi all, had a close call the other day. A small chevy aveo was behind me at stop light. The car in front of me was stalled with hazards on. I went to back up so I get off road to help push stalled car to shoulder of road and the aveo started blowing his horn. I literally could not see it in rearview mirror. He was right on my tail and it was dark outside so that didnt help. Anyway, I hit brakes in time and all is well. Now I am looking to install some kind of back up sensor system so it may help in future. Anyone come across a good one?

Thanks
Mike

#2 ·
MikeZ said:
Hi all, had a close call the other day. A small chevy aveo was behind me at stop light. The car in front of me was stalled with hazards on. I went to back up so I get off road to help push stalled car to shoulder of road and the aveo started blowing his horn. I literally could not see it in rearview mirror. He was right on my tail and it was dark outside so that didnt help. Anyway, I hit brakes in time and all is well. Now I am looking to install some kind of back up sensor system so it may help in future. Anyone come across a good one?

Thanks
Mike
Do you have Navigation system in your truck. If so you could just add a back up camera. Just a thought.
M4ck

#4 ·
WIRING INSTRUCTIONS

1.Remove one of your tail lights if necessary to locate your reverse lights and the connecting wires.

2.Splice into the reverse lights' positive and negative wire and connect the systems two wires (positive and negative) appropriately to the reverse lights (positive and negative) of your vehicle.

3.Re-install your tail lights.

4. (Drilled in type) The unit includes the drill bit necessary to create a hole for the sensor. Using a drill, create a hole in your rear bumper and insert the sensor. The sensor is tapered for a snug fit.

5. Connect the LED to the main head unit. Use the 2 sided tape on the LED unit to stick on to the vehicle dash. Hide the excessive wiring.

Dont know if I would tape it to my dash. Maybe under it or something. You also have to drill through your bumper hmm dont think I would want to do that either. Maybe you should go to Circuit City. I'm pretty sure they install these and they do good work usually.
Just dont think I want to go drilling through my bumper.
M4ck

#5 ·
It looks like those sensors can be mounted by self adhesive method. (FAQ) I don't know how long they'd stay put though!

I'd like some type of back up warning too. The Mighty Titan is a bear to park in todays parking lots. There are loads of small children running around the place too.

Too bad NISSAN is alway grouping the safety options with the EXPENSIVE options!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.