Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had to replace their entire guage cluster? I am having issues, where do I start!!! I first thought that my IPDM was bad so i bought a new onem what it is doing is that my guages are going off as I drive and then will come back on after maybe 20 minutes. The first time this happened to me it scared the crap out of me because I thought i was running out of gas and my guages started acting funny by flashing on and off. I dont know if anyone knows this but when the truck does this it loses power it feels as if it kicking to lower gear and you need to press the gas pedal half way just to get it going. I guess that when the guages shut off the computer is not able to read any of the guages and its almost as if your driving while the truck is shut off! I got the code P0462(fuel level sensor), so I went to the dealer and bought a new one since I thought it was my problem knowing that Nissan has a recall for the 05' thru 09's and thought that by replacing it would fix my problem. After replacing the sensor and clearing my code I thought was it but just after driving down the street it started to do the same thing, my guages turning off and on. I was so pisst off and i barely made it home, I started wondering if I had a short somewhere? I ended up looking at my fuses and underneath the dash to see if maybe something was loose or disconnected. I ended up touching the guage cluster and noticed that when i pressed against it the guages and lights and my mileage came on and when i would let go they turned off again. I checked the wiring for the cluster and it was on fine and as i was messing with it, it kept shutting off and on. I called the dealer and they said that they have not replaced one for that problem but just because some go bad with discoloration but they said that it could be possible. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before or if they had to ever change their guage cluster for being faulty? I am thinking of going to the junk yard to buy one becuase the dealer wants over $600 dollars plus the programming charge for the mileage.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts