Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k. I have had my check engine light on ever since I swapped out my stock cats for high flow magnaflows. the code states bank 2 below threshold efficiency. I replaced the sensor in it yesterday (cost an arm and a leg). I cleared the code and all was fine for a day then bam! same code is back. now I have read on this site about others having the same problem, I just need a quick fix to this issue. anyone know or has fixed this same type of problem?

if there is a leak in the welds will it throw a code?
thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I believe that code can be thrown because of a leak in the exhaust manifolds or a weld in the exhaust in front of the cat. My buddies truck throw that code and then a few weeks later went off and never can back. The fastest way to get rid of it would be to run defowlers (spelling??) and that would make you SES light vanish.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. I will try jb weld on the welds from the shop and see if that helps. i have a feeling there is a small leak. let you know how it comes out.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I believe there is a well known welding shop in Harmon Industrial Park, the guy does his own exhausts on exotics and is a certified master welder on submarines. I am sure his assistant can fix all your weld issues since they have been doing it for over 20 years.... LMFAO Or you can ask Mathias and Christian to do it....

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
A leak can cause the light. If you can't find the leak, or there isn't one, you can install a sensor extender, as River Rat suggested. High flow cats sometimes cause the light. I had that problem with my high flows; the extenders solved the problem. I bought my extenders on eBay.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i bought the defoulers and didn't have any success but i also don't have cats so that may be the problem

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
2 for 2

I had thrown the code twice; one on each side. The second one was this past August.

Exhaust leaks at the flanges. Very very small and it took me awhile to diagnose-couldn't believe.

FYI. There's a TSB on resetting a P1283 and P1284 code. The system doesn't relearn sometimes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts