Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is the best bet on a stock setup??

and what about on a setup with cai, exhaust, and maybe headers next

doe the hyper do everything the superchips does?? is bd really the best of the three (from what most resellers tell me lol)

thanks

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
if headers are in its future then i would definately say Uprev.....i just instaled headers and even though i have uprev, i havent got my custom tune for it yet....right now i'm running really rich and am probably getting like 9-10 mpg....without uprev being able to custom tune, i would be screwed....if no headers then i would say which ever one is cheapest

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
really which ever is cheapest?? i thought there were some real differences in these. the superchips for me is the most money. with the bd and the hyper just about the same price though one of my distributors.

i thought i read somewhere the hypertech one shailey thought was incomplete and didnt do the 2deg advance or something like that???

uprev is way to much money for her mada. i dont think she needs it. ill just not put headers on hers... no biggie

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
i would go with the BD if I was you...there are a lot more members with t and if you had a problem then you'd have a lot of help.....if i was in your shoes i would go with BD

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its down to the bd or the superchips. i may add headers later so the hypertech is out. any other thoughts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
If you are adding headers later, go with Uprev period. There are too many variables involved with the AFR when adding more than a CAI and catback. Sure you might get lucky, but I wouldn't like gambling like that unless you can monitor your AFR.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought shaily was running the superchips with the stillen longtubes and he said he was fine with it??

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
zfactor said:
i thought shaily was running the superchips with the stillen longtubes and he said he was fine with it??
He also told me he peaked at a 13.3 AFR with the BD premium tune, which is fine and safe. However, each Titan can vary quite a bit and that is why it's important to know where you are with your AFR. Mine for example, peaked at 13.3 after adding the JBA catback (no headers), and it still peaks at 13.3 after adding the BD premium tune.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ not sure what you mean by that??? i know it would not help but what is that in reference to? thanks

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
zfactor said:

he might be fine with those mods and a hanheld, but the reason i would be worried is because it would be hit or miss....i got a tune from one of the other guys that go to the track with us all the time....he was running REALLY good and screaming down the track....now, i got a tune that was on his truck, and my 0-60 where in the 8's!!! i pulled a 6.89 before tuning and then with his tune i was running 8's and my truck was dog slow!! lol, it just proves how different some trucks are....man i dont wanna tell you what to do and what not to do, these are just my experiences....for cai and catback, the BD would be great....but anything beyond that and there are serious changes involved with AFR

·
Registered
25 Posts
We do not currently offer a tune for longtubes due to our stance on being emissions compliant and for safety reasons we do not recommend running our product with longtubes.

Shaley's vehicle seems to work good with the tune but that does not mean that every vehicle that tries it will have the same results.

Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts