Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i want a cover for my bed, b/c in NY i kinda need it. I wanted a fiberglass cover b/c of the sleek, completed look (the ARE w/ the matching contours to match the hood) however, if i get a fiberglass hard cover, then my bed will be less usable. in the past ive seen covers made of a leathery material, and are connected tot he bed through buttons, or snap-like objects that span from the top of the cover to the end. the only way i can rationalize myself buying a fiberglass cover was if i could remove it wheneve ri loaded up a snowblower, or a lawnmower, etc. just wondering if any1 has ever seen this type of cover and knows of its availability for the TITAN.

thx in advance guys.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i guess people are tired of bed cover questions :-D

·
Registered
79 Posts
There are many companies who make the vinyl tonneau covers. Which one fits the Titan depends on which bed you have. Without the utility bed there are more options than with it. I'm in the process of finalizing my choices. The brands are Lund,Torza Top,Access, Extang, Sport Masters,Tek Style,Pace Edwards,there are more but the names escape me at the moment. One of the main differences between them is some models sit on top of the rails and clamp in place,while others fit between the edges of the bed. The third option is a cover the uses cam locks and is completely removable in 1 minute flat taking the frame with it.

Clint

One other choice is a folding hard cover.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks, Clint...for telling it like it is!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx a lot clint. ur the man...that was one thorough post :-D. very appreciative from this end of the computer amigo. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have the Truxedo on ours and it is a quality deal. Had it on our '04 and transferred it to our '05 when I bought it. Very usable and looks great!

Chris

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey Smoke, where in NY are you? Take a look at the pix of my truck's cover, either on this forum or in my gallery. If it looks like something you'd be interested in and you happen to get to the Syracuse area from time to time, I'll find out what kind of price I can get for board members. I like the truxedos alot, but I went with mine because

(1) my dad made it for me as a gift (yeh, like that was a tough choice to figure out) but also because

(2) the acrylic material is lighter, stronger, and more flexible than vinyl, won't shrink over time, and won't fade.

Bob

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ordered one of these last week. Should be here by mid next week. I hate being on back order. This place was about 75.00 cheaper then anyone else. It is a tri fold that flips clear back out of the way. It is also hard and uses the Utili-Trac system.

http://www.truckstoreusa.com/store/product/?SKU=100748&Var=101489

Once I get it I will post pics in the forum...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow, all ur posts are really, helpful, btw CNY, i live on the island, so syracuse is a nice lil road trip out there, however i might drive up there to visit the university up there, but thats up in the air. and ill take a look at the pix as soon as i finish this post lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a Access Roll-Up cover and my problem is I also have the non-sliding bed extender and can't flip it over cause the rails for the Access cover is 2 inches wide. Does anyone know if they make brackets/spacers to squeeze in the rails so you can flip it over.

·
Registered
722 Posts
hernan28 said:
I have a Access Roll-Up cover and my problem is I also have the non-sliding bed extender and can't flip it over cause the rails for the Access cover is 2 inches wide. Does anyone know if they make brackets/spacers to squeeze in the rails so you can flip it over.
I was looking into this and talked to one of the engineers who explained that the 3 center sections of the extendabed are adjustable. You loosen the plastic wedges and then push them in until you have the desired witdth. I have a picture they sent to me if I only knew how to post it for you to see one installed.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Cover

Take a look at ReTRAX.

This is a lexan sliding cover that rolls into a canister at the front of the bed. It can be locked in any position (front to back) and has nice gasketed edges to seal out MOST of the water.

Provides a nice sleek look, porvides easy access to bed and is made from a durable material.

Do a google on ReTrax for information and dealers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts