Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up some ah this Bedliner stuf and I must say I now see why all u guys are addicted to this thing....I bedlined my wheels and they are sweet :redblob" btw its 19 degrees outside in Idaho when i did this..NOT IDEAL for this kind of project at all lemme tell ya lol FML

---> How My T looked on the dealers lot right b4 i bought it

----> Yea im lazy, instead of taping off the wheel i jus got some Note cards i had Laying arnd and slotted them in one behind the other so they support themselves.

------> 2x wheels @ a time/// Washed with soap and water/// Sand paper//// Clean with acetone//// Hit with coat of Primer (Rustoleum Auto Primer)/// Hit with light coat of Bedliner////waited 20 mins/// 4 coats of bedliner 20-30 mins in between coats////let dry for cpl hrs

------> and the Finished Product.....:redblob" ......"idhitit2:.......:redblob"......:eyebrow:

Now to Bedline that Ugly *** chrome Bumper but it is Too cold right now.....lol

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thats looks awesome. Ive been thinking about it for a while now and looking at all the results such as yours makes me wanna go do my stockers as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats looks awesome. Ive been thinking about it for a while now and looking at all the results such as yours makes me wanna go do my stockers as well.
Yea man i was about to get them powdercoated but its snowin an weather is gonna be bad here in idaho so i jus decided to do this instead for right now but after how they came out im jus gonna keep em like dis....the Flat black textured finish of the bedliner is pretty nice...cost like less dan $40 bux with everything u need Bedliner, acitone some sand paper...and i only used 2 cans and got 4 coats out of em on each wheel so its Cheap....fast....and easy.....I finished the last coat on the front wheels by 6:30am and by 8:30 i had them mounted an back on in time to go to wrk.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
So when you did this, did you flip them over and do the insides as well? I am so going to do this. Hopefully my 2010 rims, which are not flat like yours, will take the liner as well.

·
Registered
304 Posts
That really makes the T. Nice!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I love the way tinted headlights look, but i heard it completely blocks the lights at night. How do you like em?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So when you did this, did you flip them over and do the insides as well? I am so going to do this. Hopefully my 2010 rims, which are not flat like yours, will take the liner as well.
yea i flipped it after to touch it up...after u do the top u will get a good bit on the inside anywayz so when the top dries u can flip it an jus fill in the spots u missed

I love the way tinted headlights look, but i heard it completely blocks the lights at night. How do you like em?
Yes it blocks the light a bit but my fogs come on as well anywayz so i cant really tell as much but it does block alot of light...if u dont have fogs i dont suggest getting it that dark,,,there is a lighter smoke tint and also Dupli-color i believe makes a headlight tint spray and u can spray it as dark or as light as u want...but id go with the adhesive tint film simply cuz its removable if u dont like it,.,the ones i am using are AVS headlight covers...and it is Super dark....not good for night driving if u got no fiogs

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have been wanting to do this to mine also but black
Looks nice

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wheels look great, would love to see the bumper when it's done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
316 Posts
so, what's the diff between the bedlined undercoating and the regular rust-oleum flat black paint?

thx
Roy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so, what's the diff between the bedlined undercoating and the regular rust-oleum flat black paint?

thx
Roy
The Bedliner has more of a textured Finnish and is a bit more resilient to chipping than regular paint. the Flat black paint is alot more smooth than the bedliner but a lot more prone to chipping especially depending on yur weather conditions..Im in Boise so the weather sux.....so bedliner is better for me rather than paint

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally followed your directions and did my rims this weekend. I think they turned out great. Not the best pics, but more to follow.Thanks CDILL for the step by step directions. I even used index cards.LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally followed your directions and did my rims this weekend. I think they turned out great. Not the best pics, but more to follow.Thanks CDILL for the step by step directions. I even used index cards.LOL.
Hahaha Nice...yea the index cars are awesome such less of a hassle than taping. They came out great man...good work :thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
316 Posts
did you guys spray some clear coat on your rims? i'm going to do my spare tire for now and decide if i like it or not. I have all the material and just curious about clear coating them or not.

Roy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts