Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone's bedside lockbox open this far? Mine sure doesn't. Why does Nissan show this when it really only opens half that far. Has anyone done any modification to get it to open farther?

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have seen this too. I have been meaning to look and see if the hinge will even allow this....you never know with Nissan.....I think they still have the same pics of the 2004 Titan with computer generated emblems for the 2005 pics.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
My first Titan (of which had a very early build date) opened like the one in your picture, but my current Titan (built in Feb.) does not. It appears it's nothing more then a different length stop cable. Seems like it would be easy enough to rectify with a longer cable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I want to know how they get that much junk in there and still get the door to close. :?

·
Registered
79 Posts
With all that, most likely the door can't close. Good observation.

Clint

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
hunterdrake said:
I bet they changed the length of the cable so you could not use it like a step.
I'm sure that's a possibility....I didn't have mud gaurds on my 4x2 that had the longer cable but I do have them on this truck. I'll have to unhook it this weekend and see if when extended out more it causes a clearance problem with the mud gaurds and frame rails.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JetTech said:
hunterdrake said:
I bet they changed the length of the cable so you could not use it like a step.
I'm sure that's a possibility....I didn't have mud gaurds on my 4x2 that had the longer cable but I do have them on this truck. I'll have to unhook it this weekend and see if when extended out more it causes a clearance problem with the mud gaurds and frame rails.
Excellent observation JetTech!!! Maybe the mudflaps are the determining factor as to whether or not you get the longer cable??? Let us know what you find. Hmmmm . . .

·
Registered
870 Posts
I think that may be the case, I do have the mudflaps on mine, and with the shorter cable there is maybe a 1/2" of clearance before the flap would hit.

·
Registered
870 Posts
you don't need one, I think I've opened mine a grand total of 4 times.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Mine has all my bungy cords and a tow rope. The door opens plenty far to gain access. I do have the mud flaps, too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It doesn't matter how many times you actually use it. The real function of the bedside lockbox is the "wow-that's-the-tits" reaction you get when you show it off to your buddies. :mrgreen:

B.

G

·
TitanGuyCNY said:
It doesn't matter how many times you actually use it. The real function of the bedside lockbox is the "wow-that's-the-tits" reaction you get when you show it off to your buddies. :mrgreen:

B.
Thay has been the only reason I have opened mine so far. I do carry some basic tools and bungees and straps in there though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
TitanGuyCNY said:

B.
:D That's about right, hehehe!! :wink:

Oh, yeah....I opened mine, once! :roll:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NateL said:
you don't need one, I think I've opened mine a grand total of 4 times.
Let's see . . . I have my receiver hitch, my receiver hitch lock, my trailer hitch lock, rubber gloves, a set of Mechanix gloves, and a MAG Light in mine. I don't open it alot but when I do, it's all there. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Crew, one picture is worth a thousand words.

Now if we could just find a custom-fit cooler for back there ...

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
That falls under the "Why didn't I think of that" category. Nice.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
My Titan didn't come with the mudflaps, but it Did have the shorter cable.

And, I've got quite a bit of stuff in mine as well....4 tiedown cleats, 4 stops, flashlight, gloves, tow hitch(when not it use), trailer light adapter, a pair of pliers, a screwdriver (w/ additional tips)...I think that's about it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts