Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jet tech has informed me on a set of leaf spring helpers for the back. if you have a clunking noise under hard acceleration its due to axle wrap or axle twist. these leaf spring helpers completly fix this, they also help with the bumpy ride in back and TRACTION. they basically act like traction bars to keep your axle from rolling foward and planting power to the ground. found these springs at local auto parts plus store for 22 bucks and they only took about 10 minutes to insall while truck is just sittin there, no jacking it up.
this is by far the best thing I have bought for my truck and is a must! every one should put these on there trucks.
hopefully jettech will chime in here and give some more info on what is happening and what they fix

Attachments

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
thanks for the good pics i will have to get a set of these

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've had these since Jet first posted on TitanTalk and I can vouch for them. They really tighten up the handling, are simple to put on and don't cost much.

What's not to like???

Do it.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
If I remember correctly the part# is 18920. Is that the number on the box smokedya2?

Also if you need more pics there are some on both web sites I have in my signature.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JetTech said:
If I remember correctly the part# is 18920. Is that the number on the box smokedya2?

the number sound correct, but I cant check because I already threw box away. if it helps, there was only 1 size of these at auto parts plus, you cant miss them

G

·
Where to order them from or get them? Now I see some say it makes the truck handle better. But how can that help the ride? I think the truck is too bouncy still. Will this help that from being so rough?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
titan_tx,
you can get these from any of your local auto parts store. in my opinion it took the bouncyness away, it does stiffen up the back alittle but it takes the rubbery feel out of the back which gives you the bouncy feel. my trucks back end also went down by a half inch, but the take-off axle wrap is cured and traction is improved.

·
Registered
235 Posts
by his instructions u mean mounting in front of axel? and should i do this to my titan even if i dont have the problem, just to improve traction?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
yes shift, mount them in front of the axle even if you don't have the axle wrap problem. It will make a world of difference in how the truck handles and rides. Give it a shot, I bet you'll love them..

·
Registered
235 Posts
do the bolts need to be torqued? in the kit what are the two useless screw things, they have no thread and are round headed?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
those 2 useless things are spacers that can be added to the back of the spring to increase tension. I wouldn't bother using them because once the spring is tightened down.....REAL TIGHT....that will be all the help those springs need. And when your tightening the U-Bolt tighten it evenly, check for the same amount of threads sticking out above the nut.

G

·
I picked up the Superior kit today from Autozone. So I will have to install this probably this weekend or next weekend. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Titan_TX said:
I picked up the Superior kit today from Autozone. So I will have to install this probably this weekend or next weekend. Can't wait!
Cool, hopefully you'll be another very satisfied user of these springs. They're awesome, make sure to let us know how you like them.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
one down fall I have found to these springs is that its harder for me to break both tires loss around a corner and kick the a$$ end out to fish tail it :( . Still can do it though, just takes more pedal to scare the crap out of my passengers :D

G

·
Well installed mine this morning. Had a little clearance issue with the bolt near the front of the truck. It wants to hit the frame. You guys need to check yours. Because when that leaf spring flexes, its going to make a mark on the frame. I used a hacksaw to cut a little bit off the end of the bolt for more clearance. After a short drive, I can tell in turns the back end stays planted better, but over bumps, etc I am not sure if there is a difference really yet. We will see.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't understand why you had that problem, as I have had mine on for many months now and there is enough clearance with no sign of ever hitting the frame. Maybe it's a different brand?

G

·
strick9 said:
I don't understand why you had that problem, as I have had mine on for many months now and there is enough clearance with no sign of ever hitting the frame. Maybe it's a different brand?
Unless you look, the bolt that goes sideways across the top of the leaf spring was less than .25 of a inch from the side of the frame rail. I didn't want to take a chance so I shaved it down some more.

1 - 20 of 363 Posts