Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a link to a sight that has compared the myriad of drop in air filters available today? I have always purchased K&N Filters but I was never really aware until now their were so many new players out there. Any thoughts, experience, dyno results would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
TitanHauler said:
Does anyone have a link to a sight that has compared the myriad of drop in air filters available today? I have always purchased K&N Filters but I was never really aware until now their were so many new players out there. Any thoughts, experience, dyno results would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Can't wait to see where this one goes!!
I think, not for sure, that I'm gonna go with a foam filter in my Volant CAI. I know the K&N will probably give better performance results, but the foam should be better for the engine in the long run. I may run em both and get oil samples sent off to compare the two.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
baja220 said:
TitanHauler said:
Can't wait to see where this one goes!!
I think, not for sure, that I'm gonna go with a foam filter in my Volant CAI. I know the K&N will probably give better performance results, but the foam should be better for the engine in the long run. I may run em both and get oil samples sent off to compare the two.
Hmmm, baja, TitanHauler......you might want to check out bobistheoilguy.com. There is a flow and filtration test on there and the foam filtered the worst between paper, cotton gauze (K&N) and foam. Here's the link; there may be more current tests elsewhere.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm

In my own testing, the Fram Air Hog flows slightly more than the K&N. The Air Hog flowed the most with the least press drop, followed by K&N and lastly, the Nissan paper.

My test was done driving at WOT/6,000 rpm, as well as stationary at 3K, 4K and 5K rpm. I'm waiting for my Volant so I can test it, and then post the results.

JetTech has had oil analysis with the Volant, running Mob1 and had excellent lab results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts